Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

S238 Push Button Start???

Cameron    4

I just read a post on the centurion side of a guy that did a push button start on his Fi. It eliminated the stereo from turning off when the engine shut off.

Has anyone done a push button start in there S238 or any supreme?

mfenton2    2

I would like to add a push button to my s238 also. I seen a post on FB also about this but no details on how he did it. 

Nick213    583

Not sure what the dash and switches look like on yours  but a quick google search “3 position marine push button” turned up this...

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hla-958455011?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-hella&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoY2ejcOn3AIVCsZkCh27KQdwEAQYAiABEgJravD_BwE

Hope that helps!

Nick213    583

I personally like the setup in my 13 where the stereo and accessories are on individual buttons that shut everything off with the key and/or  “ignition” button. 

InfinitySurf    302

I like it too, when switching surfers....you just hit the stop button and everything else stays powered up, when ready to go....you hit start button and you are good to go. If you wanna chill and listen to stereo, you hit ignition button and acc stays on unless you turn off the key.

Cameron    4
On 7/17/2018 at 7:48 PM, Nick213 said:

Not sure what the dash and switches look like on yours  but a quick google search “3 position marine push button” turned up this...

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hla-958455011?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-hella&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoY2ejcOn3AIVCsZkCh27KQdwEAQYAiABEgJravD_BwE

Hope that helps!

Great Thanks,

Now to decide if i want to spend the 200 CAD and get one with all the necessary wiring and relays from a guy on the centurion side or get this one for 65 CAD and then do all the wiring myself.

WakeDoc    471

Have a look at the video in this THREAD.

Cameron    4
7 minutes ago, WakeDoc said:

Have a look at the video in this THREAD.

Thats the thread i saw and the reason i started this post.

Thats also the switch for $200 CAD so not sure if i want to spend that right now or try the $60 CAD switch posted above

viking    491

If you want push button start that's one thing but to buy it just to be able to keep the stereo on when turning off the boat is the wrong reason and spending money where you don't need to.

When I purchased my boat same thing happened every time I'd turn the ignition off the stereo would shut down.  All I did was find the power wire that feed the stereo rocker switch and run it to the power block that is supplied by the batt.  That way the rocker switch is powered whether the ignition is turned on or off and you can control the stereo and components with the rocker and not be dependent on ignition power.

• Like 2

twlyons1    0
On 4/6/2020 at 7:13 PM, viking said:

If you want push button start that's one thing but to buy it just to be able to keep the stereo on when turning off the boat is the wrong reason and spending money where you don't need to.

When I purchased my boat same thing happened every time I'd turn the ignition off the stereo would shut down.  All I did was find the power wire that feed the stereo rocker switch and run it to the power block that is supplied by the batt.  That way the rocker switch is powered whether the ignition is turned on or off and you can control the stereo and components with the rocker and not be dependent on ignition power.

Absolutly agree, of course always taking the possibility of forgetting it but I always shut down the master after docking or pulling out. I too will be looking into moving a switch wire to the block  :)