bomoseen avy    45

So I do not have a centurion dealer nearby. The guy that takes care of my boat is a Regal and Mastercraft dealer. They ran a demo day and I got to surf behind the 2018 XT 23.  Really cool boat. Totally stock ballast with really nice wave. Some pretty cool features including: 

No mirror  to watch the rider . Basically your touchscreen runs video with a rear facing camera incorporated into the tower. Really neat feature  and people not bumping into the mirror every time they go back-and-forth between the bow and the cockpit.  My Enzo is a 2013 and this is the first time I’ve been on a boat with this. I realize many of you may have probably seen it already but I thought it was pretty sweet. 

Multiple areas on the tower to anchor the surf line. We did not use it in the customary center of the tower. We would hook it to anchors on port and starboard which really helped the beginners get into the wave without having to navigate all the wash. Pretty simple concept. Again had never seen this on a boat and thought it was pretty cool. 

As you would expect from a Mastercraft, fit and finish was excellent. Lots of cabin space. Hard tanks below and soft tanks on top still with plenty o room for storage. Overall just a beautiful presentation of a towboat. 

I was really pleased leaving the demo, however, feeling no wave envy from the Mastercraft compared to my 2013 Enzo 230+ w/ GSA.  It may not be a fair comparison as the Mastercraft was totally stock ballast with no additional lead or other tweaks. Mine is obviously well optimized with upgraded ballast in the rear lockers and lead.  But even my wife and son who rode behind both agreed they preferred the Enzo wave. 

Always love the opportunity to ride behind new boats and new technology.  I don’t get to do it very often. I know this is not their top-of-the-line surf model.  Really happy how my current Centurion stacked up against this competition. 

Included some pics of the wife on the Mastercraft wave first and then our Enzo wave second 

B961008B-9FB1-4C32-BB72-09DD3940D356.jpeg

58D9B15F-51D1-4ECC-BDB8-B128065401D2.jpeg

Troy    234

she looks a lot more comfortable on the Enzo wave.  More push from the Enzo wave?

bomoseen avy    45

picture angles are slightly different but she said she preferred the Enzo; just couldn't say why. I think likely a bit more push especially near the back of the wave.

• Like 1