Sign in to follow this  
Sfb330

ZR 409 waterpump pulley

Sfb330    11

I blew a serpentine belt this past weekend.  When I took a look at the area where the belt goes, I noticed that the engine water pump (not fresh water pump) pulley appears to be missing a large nut.  The pulley feels tight on the shaft, I’m guessing that it’s a press fit.  Does anyone know if a nut is supposed to be on here? See pic below (it’s the 6 inch black disk in the middle of the pic with the threaded shaft sticking out of it).  I can’t see any other way that this pulley is currently staying on...

3FBBA469-85DC-4F55-B902-023CBC77B9D0.jpeg

InfinitySurf    302
26 minutes ago, Sfb330 said:

I blew a serpentine belt this past weekend.  When I took a look at the area where the belt goes, I noticed that the engine water pump (not fresh water pump) pulley appears to be missing a large nut.  The pulley feels tight on the shaft, I’m guessing that it’s a press fit.  Does anyone know if a nut is supposed to be on here? See pic below (it’s the 6 inch black disk in the middle of the pic with the threaded shaft sticking out of it).  I can’t see any other way that this pulley is currently staying on...

3FBBA469-85DC-4F55-B902-023CBC77B9D0.jpeg

I have same boat (2014 SV244)....and the same ZR409 engine. I just went out and looked at mine, on that pulley that has threaded stud sticking out, there is NO nut on mine either, only difference is mine is painted black to match the pulley cover (in your picture of yours, its not black). I took a picture cause I was gonna upload it, but for some reason it wont allow me to do it this time.

Sfb330    11

Interesting.  I wonder what is holding that pulley on?   I found a green plastic cap on the floor of the boat that was split in two.  Those theads on the shaft appear to have a bit of the same green plastic on them.  I’m guessing that cap was on there and it was hit by exploding belt and  popped off and broke.  

Thanks for taking a look, much appreciated!