-HONCHO-

looking for advice on boards

-HONCHO-    13

I am a rookie boarder this year and I recently was able to drop the rope. I was fortunate enough to demo a Ronix Blender and I instantly felt really good about it and comfortable on it. My only concern was I kept dipping the nose, granted it was more then likely my limited riding skill. I had a plethora of board shapes and styles we were going through and I kept coming back to the blender, this one just felt right to me. I also had the pleasure of riding a custom made board that was very similar to the blender only thicker like a surf board and I did really well on that too so it left me wondering if there is a comparable board as the blender out there but thicker? I thank you in advance for your input.

Aquaholic1    3

I’m selling my Hyperlite quad 59. Idk what size you are and what size the blender was, but this is a 59. I bought it wanting to try more of a surf style ride and it was fun but not my thing. I’m just love skim style. It’s definitely a thinker board. You can ride two fins for a looser feel or four and it sticks n drives forward. If you like the thruster style I recommend Phase Five model x or fireball. 

Kojak    2

I second the Phase 5 Model X.  It's a great board that will really improve your surfing skills. 

• Like 1

Dan gib    6

Doomswell neo was board of the year, really want to demo one they sound sick. 

But I also am a phase 5 fan

h20king    794

Doomswell board of the year ? ROTFLMAO  really they are mass produced made in China junk

h20king    794

Honcho my advice if spending that sort of $$ is look at soulcraft or Chaos.  Both Jeff and Nick have been building boards for years and with that experience comes amazing boards that work not to mention the quality  and pride they put into their products. 

• Like 1

Mrwick    65

X2 on H’s comment...... Soulcraft and Chaos are great boards but I would add if you have money, the new Hyperlite virial boards are super fast from what I am hearing from some of my boys......for only a small price of $1200😬. Lol.  I’ll stick with my Chaos!