creimer

2014 Enzo SV233 Owners Manual

creimer    0

Hi All, we just purchased a used 2014 Enzo Sv233 and the previous owner didn't have a manual. I've looked online and searched forums here to no avail. Does anyone have one they can share (assuming this isn't against forum rules) or where I can download one. Any help is mucho appreciated!!

Troy    234

Hello,

Welcome to the crew. there isn't much to the "boat" manual. mine had a boat manual (again nothing really in it) then it had an engine manual, trans/vdrive manual and stereo manual. Might just search for your engine and trans/vdrive manuals and go from there.

Share a picture of the boat also. 

InfinitySurf    302
On 6/24/2018 at 6:30 PM, creimer said:

Hi All, we just purchased a used 2014 Enzo Sv233 and the previous owner didn't have a manual. I've looked online and searched forums here to no avail. Does anyone have one they can share (assuming this isn't against forum rules) or where I can download one. Any help is mucho appreciated!!

If you have the CES 6.0L ZR409 engine, I can email you the manual (actually I just double checked and it says same manual also covers the 2014 the EX343/HO303/ZR450). You should be able to find that online.

Like Troy said....the Centurion manual does not have a ton too it, I have mine and the best info is located in the engine manual. They give out a manual but much of it was outdated then.

PM me your email address if you would like a copy (I also have the PCM Diagnostic service manual from serial 's 470000 to present....and PCM Quick reference service specifications)

creimer    0

Thanks all for the replies here. Our biggest issues at the moment are filling and draining the ballasts. When we test drove the boat at the dealership (Malibu Dealership) the ballasts didn't seem to be filling. He pulled the middle seat over the V-drive area and pulled the two silver levers which seemed  to fill quickly (See attached photo). After talking to Centurion the guy told me they used for emergency only to dump water if the electronics were out. Is that the case here? If so we've went out multiple times using this process :|  

In regards to draining, after the test drive we pulled the boat out of the lake and he hit trailer mode and it seemed like half the water from the lake drained out. Is that because we manually opened the valves while out on the lake? If so when you manually drain the ballasts while in the lake would this water also drain? And lastly it appears one of the valves in the back is left either open or closed. Next to the silver handle there is a black plastic arm that stays up while the other one is down. Is this normal? Sorry for all the questions here just new to this type of boat and an instruction manual or video would be nice. Thanks all for any help

IMG_0495.jpeg

Edited by creimer

InfinitySurf    302
4 hours ago, creimer said:

Thanks all for the replies here. Our biggest issues at the moment are filling and draining the ballasts. When we test drove the boat at the dealership (Malibu Dealership) the ballasts didn't seem to be filling. He pulled the middle seat over the V-drive area and pulled the two silver levers which seemed  to fill quickly (See attached photo). After talking to Centurion the guy told me they used for emergency only to dump water if the electronics were out. Is that the case here? If so we've went out multiple times using this process :|  

In regards to draining, after the test drive we pulled the boat out of the lake and he hit trailer mode and it seemed like half the water from the lake drained out. Is that because we manually opened the valves while out on the lake? If so when you manually drain the ballasts while in the lake would this water also drain? And lastly it appears one of the valves in the back is left either open or closed. Next to the silver handle there is a black plastic arm that stays up while the other one is down. Is this normal? Sorry for all the questions here just new to this type of boat and an instruction manual or video would be nice. Thanks all for any help

IMG_0495.jpeg

Malibu dealer probably knew nothing about how Ramfill works....or he knew they were not working right when he sold you the boat, so he showed you the wrong way to use them (which is the manual way)...of course it works, they designed it so you could open/close them if needed in case of an electrical failure like Centurion guy told you.

Those are the Valterra Valves, for your Ramfill ballast. Each side of boat will hold 1250lbs of water ballast, for total of 2500lbs of "Ramfill" ballast, so if you drain the ballast out of the water then I am sure it seems like the lake is draining....you can use the "trailer mode" to drain that ballast while in water, just do it while going roughly 12-16mph (while bow up since it empties using gravity), Either using the drain button at your ballast screen (or trailer mode if you have too) it opens the gates at rear of boat and the ballast will dump while you are driving.

However, I am confused why you are having to use trailer mode, if the valves work in trailer mode, they should also work to fill/drain from the main ballast screen. The benefit to the "trailer mode", is you can operate the gates while stationary or on trailer. When using the normal fill or drain buttons from ballast screen, REQUIRE that boat be moving 11mph+ before they will open. You can activate the fill at idle, a screen will flash that you must "increase speed" and once you speed up to 11mph, the fill valves will open to flood the ballast and it only take 45 seconds at the most to fill the 2500lbs, tho it may show slightly longer on your screen cause its on a timer rather than sensing how much water is actually in there. (the gates also do not work when you are going over 20mph... but because it adds a lot more pressure on the gates, I rarely go over 14mph when filling just to keep them in top shape, so something to remember).

Once I trailer the boat at dock...I always use the trailer mode to open BOTH the fill and the drain gates, its a fact that you have less failures if you keep them opened when you are not using them (just so you know, as soon as you power up the boat next, the gates will automatically close when things cycle...even tho trailer mode will still show they are "open", they are actually closed at that point. Another thing I do to keep my gates working smoothly is every other outing, I use trailer mode at the house to close the gates.....then I use a synthetic, or lithium grease (sticks well and water resistant)...and I spray/coat the outside of the gates by crawling under the boat to spray the 2 fill gates, and spraying the lube onto drain gates from rear. I then immediately get in boat and use the trailer mode screen to open/close all the gates 3-4 times and at end I LEAVE them open (this keeps the lube on the gates so they stay semi-lubricated). By using this method regularly, I have not had any failures (I am sure some of that is luck, but I am OCD about keeping them in good shape and it has worked for me).

To answer other question....you can see if the gates are opening/closing by having someone operate the trailer mode while you are under boat looking at them (you can also lube them using this method)....and use flashlight to look up drain holes at rear of boat. That should tell you if everything is working right. If it is not trying to open/close.....you may have a blown fuse, if that is not the issue then you may have a bad valve and need to get it replaced.

What area you live in? May be a crew member who could show you any info you need on that boat and how all the ballast works including the Ramfill, I know I would be happy to if you happen to live around NC. Good luck, you have a great boat with incredible potential. I have 2014 SV244 and use the Nauticurl suck gate, all the PnP bags and some lead and have a pro level wave, you can/will too. I have a friend that recently bought a 2014 SV233 and I have been helping him set it up similar to mine. Enjoy

creimer    0

Thank you InfinitySurf for the detailed reply. Based on the info above looks like the RAMFILL ballasts are not filling from the electronics. From what I read the fuse box is under the steering column but the only circuit breakers I see are NAV/ANC, Bilge, Acc1, Acc2 etc. The previous owner installed a subwoofer on that back wall so could the fuse box be located behind that panel? Can't thank you enough for your help here!! We are located in Raleigh, NC so not too far from Lake Normon. In fact my son's girlfriend are heading there next week for vacation. 

Oh sorry one last question :) do you recommend filling both sides when using ramfill? When we manually did this the wave was unbelievable but wonder if we can just fill the side we are surfing from only.

Edited by creimer

InfinitySurf    302
8 hours ago, creimer said:

Thank you InfinitySurf for the detailed reply. Based on the info above looks like the RAMFILL ballasts are not filling from the electronics. From what I read the fuse box is under the steering column but the only circuit breakers I see are NAV/ANC, Bilge, Acc1, Acc2 etc. The previous owner installed a subwoofer on that back wall so could the fuse box be located behind that panel? Can't thank you enough for your help here!! We are located in Raleigh, NC so not too far from Lake Normon. In fact my son's girlfriend are heading there next week for vacation. 

Oh sorry one last question :) do you recommend filling both sides when using ramfill? When we manually did this the wave was unbelievable but wonder if we can just fill the side we are surfing from only.

So when you go into the ballast screen and push the "fill" or "drain" tab for the Ramfill valves, does nothing at all happen? Or you saying you have nothing showing to activate the Ramfill valves from the main ballast screen? You must be going into the ballast screen since that is the only way you can get into the trailer mode screen. I don't actually know where the fuse/breaker is for Ramfill...I suggest you go down where the Valterra fill valves are (the ones you posted picture of), unplug the connector and use a multi-meter to see if you have power coming to them. If you do have power and they are not working, then connector is bad, or the valve is bad (least that would be my guess) and that is assuming that on the ballast screen you are pushing the tab to fill/drain and nothing is happening. I just don't see how your trailer mode is working electronically if the regular tab is not....unless something is up with your provision screen. You may want to get a software update done, fairly easy to do.

You may also want to go into your "dealer settings". (code is #91 to access it)....In dealer settings  you are able to remove and change which ballast is available on your main screen, I am wondering if perhaps the Ramfill was de-activated for some reason and that is your issue. In 2014, you get either Ramfill ballast OR the Plug n Play bags thru the Provision Screen, NOT both like in 2015+ years. Perhaps someone activated the PnP bags for your provisions screen and de-activated Ramfill ballast OR a software update was done for a non-Ramfill boat (which was also an option in 2014) and so you dont have that option activated right now? (When PnP was added on my 2014....I added manual tabs for my 2 rear lockers bags). If factory plumbed in your bow bag, then that should also show up thru your provision screen. I have it for mine. Basically going into the ballast screen I have 3 options in Provision....The 2) Ramfill and the bow. The 2) rear PnP bags I activate manually with a switch that was installed for that.

Regarding filling both sides....depends on if you are using a suckgate, or if you are listing. If using a suckgate, like the Nauticurl I use....I do fill both sides, depending on lake conditions I will slightly list heavier on surf side at times, but get great wave whether level or slight list (slight list I mean 100% on surf side and 80-85% on non-surf side and again this is WITH a surf gate device). If you use a suck gate, no matter what kind it is, you don't want to bury it under water or you will lose push on the wave and the lip can get washy, you want top of suck-gate to be just out of the water when at rest with ballast full and ready to surf. (it may "rooster" tail some water up into the air and onto the back of the boat when sticking out of the water some...but that is ok). Because you have that step down in the hull, you really only have 2 heights you can put it at.

If you are soley listing boat to create your surf wave (also great wave when done right), unless you are also using bags in rear lockers and lead...its doubtful you will want to list too hard to get the best wave although you will want to try everything from slight list to extreme list because everyone likes something a little different and the conditions of lake that day (smooth, choppy, etc)...can effect how it reacts, there is no such things as a single setting for every condition/person. I will tell you that due to prop spin (and depending on where people are sitting), amount of list will be different on both sides due to prop rotation. You may have to list one side a good bit more than the other for the best wave. I rarely list boat for surfing because I love my suck gate wave and thinks it has much better push and shape (and when wife drives she does not like being listed)...but some people would completely disagree with me and would rather list boat and think that wave is better. When I do list, I fill ALL my ballast full, then I get to speed and use Ramfill to start draining off the side opposite of surf side and drain till the wave is perfect. Using Ramfill you can get perfect wave in under 30 seconds since you can dump off 1000lbs in that amount of time.

Some boats don't like bow weight....I can tell you the SV244 DOES, it will give you a longer, cleaner wave IMO. With 3-4 people in boat, I have 500lb bag in bow plus 400lbs lead. Course that is with 2500 Ramfill, 700 in rear PnP bags for each side for 1400lbs plus a 50lb lead bag in each locker on very back "shelf". So with 4000lbs in back/center....I have 900lbs of bow weight. If you have less weight in rear, you probably wont want that much bow weight. You can use people to test it too by asking them to move up to bow, etc. 

Surfing, I run my center trim tab around 35% (the more trim tab you use to force the bow down.....the more it will knock down your wave height, it does not have a good effect on the wave IMO and I never run more than 50% on center tab when surfing), you want to use weight to get the right angle for the most part. I also typically run 10.8mph.....tho I will sometimes go up to 11.2.

You are welcome to PM me if you want me to help you figure out the provision screen if your Ramfill is not on there right now (gotta be since it shows trailer mode tho)....but anyway, I could help walk you thru it if you text me pics of what you have. You are also welcome to come out surfing with me sometime. I live on North side of Lake Norman at moment, building a house in Denver right now (middle of LKN) and plan to move in around end of Aug.

creimer    0
6 minutes ago, InfinitySurf said:

So when you go into the ballast screen and push the "fill" or "drain" tab for the Ramfill valves, does nothing at all happen? Or you saying you have nothing showing to activate the Ramfill valves from the main ballast screen? You must be going into the ballast screen since that is the only way you can get into the trailer mode screen. I don't actually know where the fuse/breaker is for Ramfill...I suggest you go down where the Valterra fill valves are (the ones you posted picture of), unplug the connector and use a multi-meter to see if you have power coming to them. If you do have power and they are not working, then connector is bad, or the valve is bad (least that would be my guess) and that is assuming that on the ballast screen you are pushing the tab to fill/drain and nothing is happening. I just don't see how your trailer mode is working electronically if the regular tab is not....unless something is up with your provision screen. You may want to get a software update done, fairly easy to do.

You may also want to go into your "dealer settings". (code is #91 to access it)....In dealer settings  you are able to remove and change which ballast is available on your main screen, I am wondering if perhaps the Ramfill was de-activated for some reason and that is your issue. In 2014, you get either Ramfill ballast OR the Plug n Play bags thru the Provision Screen, NOT both like in 2015+ years. Perhaps someone activated the PnP bags for your provisions screen and de-activated Ramfill ballast OR a software update was done for a non-Ramfill boat (which was also an option in 2014) and so you dont have that option activated right now? (When PnP was added on my 2014....I added manual tabs for my 2 rear lockers bags). If factory plumbed in your bow bag, then that should also show up thru your provision screen. I have it for mine. Basically going into the ballast screen I have 3 options in Provision....The 2) Ramfill and the bow. The 2) rear PnP bags I activate manually with a switch that was installed for that.

Regarding filling both sides....depends on if you are using a suckgate, or if you are listing. If using a suckgate, like the Nauticurl I use....I do fill both sides, depending on lake conditions I will slightly list heavier on surf side at times, but get great wave whether level or slight list (slight list I mean 100% on surf side and 80-85% on non-surf side and again this is WITH a surf gate device). If you use a suck gate, no matter what kind it is, you don't want to bury it under water or you will lose push on the wave and the lip can get washy, you want top of suck-gate to be just out of the water when at rest with ballast full and ready to surf. (it may "rooster" tail some water up into the air and onto the back of the boat when sticking out of the water some...but that is ok). Because you have that step down in the hull, you really only have 2 heights you can put it at.

If you are soley listing boat to create your surf wave (also great wave when done right), unless you are also using bags in rear lockers and lead...its doubtful you will want to list too hard to get the best wave although you will want to try everything from slight list to extreme list because everyone likes something a little different and the conditions of lake that day (smooth, choppy, etc)...can effect how it reacts, there is no such things as a single setting for every condition/person. I will tell you that due to prop spin (and depending on where people are sitting), amount of list will be different on both sides due to prop rotation. You may have to list one side a good bit more than the other for the best wave. I rarely list boat for surfing because I love my suck gate wave and thinks it has much better push and shape (and when wife drives she does not like being listed)...but some people would completely disagree with me and would rather list boat and think that wave is better. When I do list, I fill ALL my ballast full, then I get to speed and use Ramfill to start draining off the side opposite of surf side and drain till the wave is perfect. Using Ramfill you can get perfect wave in under 30 seconds since you can dump off 1000lbs in that amount of time.

Some boats don't like bow weight....I can tell you the SV244 DOES, it will give you a longer, cleaner wave IMO. With 3-4 people in boat, I have 500lb bag in bow plus 400lbs lead. Course that is with 2500 Ramfill, 700 in rear PnP bags for each side for 1400lbs plus a 50lb lead bag in each locker on very back "shelf". So with 4000lbs in back/center....I have 900lbs of bow weight. If you have less weight in rear, you probably wont want that much bow weight. You can use people to test it too by asking them to move up to bow, etc. 

Surfing, I run my center trim tab around 35% (the more trim tab you use to force the bow down.....the more it will knock down your wave height, it does not have a good effect on the wave IMO and I never run more than 50% on center tab when surfing), you want to use weight to get the right angle for the most part. I also typically run 10.8mph.....tho I will sometimes go up to 11.2.

You are welcome to PM me if you want me to help you figure out the provision screen if your Ramfill is not on there right now (gotta be since it shows trailer mode tho)....but anyway, I could help walk you thru it if you text me pics of what you have. You are also welcome to come out surfing with me sometime. I live on North side of Lake Norman at moment, building a house in Denver right now (middle of LKN) and plan to move in around end of Aug.

The Ramfill fill/drain options are present but the valves don't open or close at all when you manually try to fill them. In fact I hear nothing engaging or trying to engage so I suspect or hope it's fuse/circuit breaker issue just need to find them. Also good idea on checking voltage at the valve which would rule out a fuse issue. For now we will use the manual valve levers until we work this out. Heading back out on the 4th should will troubleshoot further then. Again we appreciate the help!

creimer    0

Hi guys update here. My issue ended up not being a fuse/circuit breaker, the valve lever was disconnected from the valve actuator and hence not filling the ballasts. Is it standard practice to disconnect these when winterizing the boat? Not sure why the previous owner would have done this. Hopefully heading out tomorrow to test this. Thank you for the help with draining the ballasts with trailer mode while in the water. Worked like a champ.

InfinitySurf    302

Nice! Glad you figured it out. I do not know anyone that disconnects those to winterize, you can just use the trailer mode button to open for winterizing, so dont know why you would want/need to disconnect them. I know some people open them when winterizing since they store better that way (after lubing up seals)....and it helps to keep them open so seals do not dry out as easy. Some people also tape up the openings to prevent anything from nesting inside. (I use blue painters tape so it comes off easy and does not leave residue).