cddzero    0

I'm having to power down and restart multiple times a day because the touch screen just goes crazy pushing random buttons, filling and draining ballasts, changing speed, etc...  I'm able to fix it by powering off and restarting, but I have to do it multiple times a day.  Anyone else have this issue and know if it's a bad screen or a simple fix?

2014 Enzo SV244 with only 110 hours

InfinitySurf    302
On 6/24/2018 at 1:50 PM, cddzero said:

I'm having to power down and restart multiple times a day because the touch screen just goes crazy pushing random buttons, filling and draining ballasts, changing speed, etc...  I'm able to fix it by powering off and restarting, but I have to do it multiple times a day.  Anyone else have this issue and know if it's a bad screen or a simple fix?

2014 Enzo SV244 with only 110 hours

I have same boat and have never had issues like that. Does not sound like a low/bad battery issue. Do you always turn the battery switch to "off" when not using the boat? If you don't, I would start doing that....also good to keep the batteries hooked up to smart, marine maintainers when boat is not in use. Anyway, on screen issues, I would do 2 things...

First....Disconnect both batteries for 10-15mins to do a "hard" reset of the system (zip tie battery cables together for each post so you do not lose any wires of misplace any when you re-connect). Make sure battery switch is OFF before unhooking battery cables.

If that does not work (even if it does seem to fix it, either way I would do this).....get dealer to re-flash your system with the most current software update. If you do not have a dealer close, Fineline may email it to you. You put on USB key (use a brand new USB key) and can upload (plug in under drivers helm) using the dealer settings in touch screen. My guess is that should fix the issue. Its a laptop running your boat, they need to be reset and updated sometimes.

InfinitySurf    302

I have not personally heard of this happening to the Centurion screens tho obviously I do not hear everything. I did hear Mastercraft guys talking about some screens doing this....they call it "ghosting"....a couple of them ended up replacing screens under warranty. If you are still under warranty, I would be sure to have this issue documented in case the software update does not work and you end up having a bigger issue and have to have it replaced or refurbished (which can be done for quite a bit less than replacement if that happens to be the case)

1SURLY1    0

I had the same issue on my ‘16 FS44, fortunately was under warranty.  I think they reinstalled the software with an update.  Works much better but still glitchy occasionally so I turn the key off to reboot.

owasco08    0

I had the same issue w my 2013 SV211. You can start by contacting Touch Vision. They will ask you for some codes from the backside of the screen, and also your software version. Hopefully it is a simple software update. They were very helpful, but I can not find their contact info. It should be in your manual.

actually the screen is made by Murphy, I think Touch Vision is just the model

Edited by owasco08

JLooney    0

I have not had any random changing of options like you stated, however a couple of days ago we took our 2015 sv233 out and the touch vision system was completely backwards. I shut everything off and restarted the battery and it went back to normal. Hope it doesn't continue to happen but I would suggest resetting the batteries and if the issue continues contact your dealer or touch vision. Good luck

Cdifranco    463

I had this issue. Waiting to hear from my dealer if my boats still in warranty. Was actually dangerous while underway surfing the settings reset to ski setting and the boat cruise control shut off. Luckily my rider jumped off the board but it smashed against the boat!

Keef    6

I just had this issue yesterday while put on the water while a person was surfing.  Thankfully the cruise did not adjust like above.  That is very dangerous.

HutchCanada    4

'15 fs33.  Same issues. Screen non-functioning intermittently, other times works fine.   Software update didn't help. Getting a replacement screen 

Cdifranco    463
3 hours ago, HutchCanada said:

'15 fs33.  Same issues. Screen non-functioning intermittently, other times works fine.   Software update didn't help. Getting a replacement screen 

what was the price? I was quoted 3400$ which to me is basically just sell the boat and get a new one.

creimer    0

I had this same issue on a 2014 Enzo 233 and we had a loose power cable in front of the main battery switch housing. Not totally convinced this corrected the issue but haven't seen it since after a couple outings. 

Cdifranco    463

So for the record.  Centurion priced the screen at 3700$.   Swallowed my pride and purchased it... Ordered, received, installed and will be out this weekend to see if it fixed the issue or not. 

PDT1387    0

I have a Enzo SV244 and same screen issue. For a while it would randomly fill ballast, etc...and I couldn't figure out any patterns why it would do this. Also touch at times does not work very well or not at all. Now a few weeks later the screen it completely goes out.  Taking in to the dealer next week and sucks to hear other say same issue and the screen has to be replaced for $3700.

Bloup101    0
On 7/9/2019 at 11:48 AM, Cdifranco said:

So for the record.  Centurion priced the screen at 3700$.   Swallowed my pride and purchased it... Ordered, received, installed and will be out this weekend to see if it fixed the issue or not. 

Hello would you consider selling your defective screen for parts?