NWextreme    2

So I have a New FI 23 and ordered it with the downfire system which I’ve come to hate.  I’ve already replaced the sub but want to do the rest.  Have any of you taken off the downfire speakers from the tower? Did it leave funny brackets exposed on the tower or was it pretty clean when taken off.  Planning on mounting just a single pair of rev 8s up there.  Did you mount in the same spot as the downfire?

h20king    794

Ordered without downfire. Yes there is brackets built into the tower but wetsounds sells an addaper to mount to them. I did a single set of 10's and recommend you do the same if just doing one set

• Like 1

NWextreme    2
2 hours ago, h20king said:

Ordered without downfire. Yes there is brackets built into the tower but wetsounds sells an addaper to mount to them. I did a single set of 10's and recommend you do the same if just doing one set

Perfect thanks. You think 10 vs 8’s. I’m concerned about head room since I’m a big guy?

h20king    794

Only have head room problems getting on and off the sunpad but not any worse than the downfire 

wheels    151

Here’s 4 exile surf 9’s on my ri, same tower 

9E7D486C-CA8E-49D3-A5AA-7288E6A9E6C2.jpeg

NWextreme    2
10 hours ago, h20king said:

Do you have a pic of just having one pair of 10’s up?

Troy    234

If the price is right I would be interested in the downfires. 

InfinitySurf    302
On 6/21/2018 at 11:28 PM, h20king said:

Yes but can not post pics here or receive pm messages because I am no longer a supporting member.  Are you a member of the official fb owners page? I have pics posted there or if you want to share your cell number I can text you some

You should be able to post pics if you resize them first...here is a link if you wanna try.

http://www.resizeimage.net/

jester    111

I have two sets of the Exile XM9's and love them.  Samson Sports has designed an adapter plate that mounts directly to the downfire mounts.       

20150125_160032.jpg

20150125_160042.jpg

Edited by jester
correct photo link

LKASurfing    53

if you do not use the factory brackets the Rev 10's fit nicely in the corners and you have plenty of head room. Plus they look much better than sticking g them on the downier mounts.