Sign in to follow this  
luluzer

2018 RI257 Wave Settings

luluzer    50

Hey crew, anyone got their 2018 ri257 wave dialed in? If so share your settings please. Asking for a friend, thank you

carguy79ta    67

I have a 217 model, should be the same.

Surf left

All ballast full including the front bag and rear transom bag.  I always overfill. And ramfill. 

I also run 1000# lead...puts the wave crazy over the top..

Port tab 0  

center tab 45  

starboard tab 85

Cats 0

11.2mph

Surf right..

Reverse settings.  Awesome.

where do you put the 1000# of lead?  all in the rear lockers?  None in the bow?  I just bought an RI257, and I will definitely need the lead as well, because usually it's just my wife and myself on the boat.  

carguy79ta    67
19 hours ago, scottgresham said:

where do you put the 1000# of lead?  all in the rear lockers?  None in the bow?  I just bought an RI257, and I will definitely need the lead as well, because usually it's just my wife and myself on the boat.  

I have a bow sack. That being said, with everything full, I have 500 each side with 200 lbs under the forward end of the locker bag each side. Then 300 lbs under the rear seat each side starting at the lead under the locker bag and going forward.  I don't have any in the bow since I have the bow sack.  If you don't have the bow sack, I would put 400 in the bow and 600 in the back...for starters. If you wanted to duplicate what I do with no bow sack, buy 1500 lead and put 500 in the bow.  Enormous push. I saw an m235 on my lake and we surfed  each others boat. My wave was far superior to his and he agreed.  Also , to be fair, his wave could have been optimized with more ballast. But IMO would not ever be as good as mine.

Can someone decipher this for me?  I think I might be just dense.  I got this off of wakeballast.com, and it sounds like a really interesting setup, I just can't tell how many bags I actually need in the boat to actually do this.  

Centurion RI and FI models

• All PNP y Ballast Full
  • Ram Fill 100% on surf side, 85% on opposite side
  • 12 Wake Ballast Bags (4 Per Side rear locker)
  • Additional 250lbs Wakeballast Bags under each rear locker PNP ballast bags.each side
  • if you have a rear transom locker 200lbs Wakeballast bags under the water ballast bag
  • 2 Wake Ballast Bags Per Side under seat behind driver 
  • Surf side plate 90
  • Center tab 40
  • Speed 10.8-11.6

wheels    151

The bags are 50lbs each so that would be 26 bags. Seems like a lot of weight all in the rear of the boat. I don’t think you would need that much. Most of us run around 500 to 600 in the rear

I have 900 lbs now, and it’s probably plenty.  I have 250 under each of the rear pnp bags, and 200 in each side locker just forward of the rear bags.  I was just wondering what the added weight under the drivers and passengers seat would do, as well as the 200 lbs under the transom bag.  

17 hours ago, carguy79ta said:

How do you like your wave, @scottgresham?

In general, I like bow weight to keep the bow down.  Also it helps lengthen the wave.

Love it!  I honestly love everything about the boat.  We first road the boat with 250 pounds of lead in each rear locker under the pnps.  The wave was good with that: really tall, but kind of short, which it probably should have then.  Then we went back to the slip and also added 200 pounds in the side lockers, going from the rear pnp bags and forward.  (This was all of the lead I had onhand.). The wave with this is just about spot on.  The wave is still super tall, but much, much longer, and as clean as can be.  The biggest difference in this wave and the Malibu wave is the firmness.  My wife was able to get baby airs on the M235, but she, just after two days on the Centurion, is getting about 1-1.5 feet in the air on her frontside airs!  In addition, I can literally ride this wave way back at the curl, with plenty of push.  

I am going to order some more lead just to see what else can be done to this wave, but I don't think 26 bags are needed.  I am thinking like 50 more in each side locker, maybe 100 lbs under the driver's seat and passengers seat, and 200 pounds under the rear transom bag.  If it's too much, I can always take it out.  My wife and I generally ride with just the two of us on the boat, so I want all the weight I can have.

This is honestly the first boat I have ever bought that I am completely happy with.  Really, the other boat manufacturers aren't even close!  I guess if I could say there was one thing I missed from the other boats I've owned, it's the dang hinges on the lockers.  That's it!

• Like 1
  • Like 1

carguy79ta    67

Nice! So you have 900 and you are going to get another 400. Sweet!  We were out this weekend and with my 1000 lbs lead, we had a total of 5 crew. The wave was HUGE!!  Only thing you have to watch is if you are going to take a swim break, dump your ram fills.  The first couple of 257s last year, had lead, and the motor hydrolocked from water backing up thru the exhaust.  The solution was to dump ramfill if you are going to break for more than a half hour.  Last weekend, we were ballasted up and took a break for about a half hr and  we had 2 people on the swim platform and 2 on the rear lockers.  No probs. 

10 hours ago, carguy79ta said:

Nice! So you have 900 and you are going to get another 400. Sweet!  We were out this weekend and with my 1000 lbs lead, we had a total of 5 crew. The wave was HUGE!!  Only thing you have to watch is if you are going to take a swim break, dump your ram fills.  The first couple of 257s last year, had lead, and the motor hydrolocked from water backing up thru the exhaust.  The solution was to dump ramfill if you are going to break for more than a half hour.  Last weekend, we were ballasted up and took a break for about a half hr and  we had 2 people on the swim platform and 2 on the rear lockers.  No probs. 

My dealer definitely told me to do this!  Scared the crap out of my wife, but thankfully, we don't usually ever stop for a swim break.  If we do, I will definitely dump the ram fills.  Thanks for the heads up.