First surf run of the year and my port sack won't fill in my 2007 Typhoon C4. Fuses ok. Fill and empty pumps work on center and sb tank/bag.

The light bar in the port switch doesn't illuminate in fill or empty position and neither pump comes on.

Sprinkler valve? Bad switch?

I'm actually out on the river looking at a bunch of sad faces so other than a brief search of this site, I admittedly haven't looked into it much. Hoping for a simple solution.

Russ

MobEnzo    51

I would start with checking all the wiring connections, if you’ve already tried putting a working fuse in. Make sure all the connections are tight.

I got it in the shop today to take a closer look...

Again, fuse looked good but replaced it anyway. Port switch is good (I hooked the center pump(s) plug up to the port switch and it lit up and ran both center pumps). Hooked up port plug to center switch and nothing.

I test lighted the black wires running into the port sprinkler valve and nothing. Center and SB lit the test light.

I was hoping it was just a sprinkler valve but it looks like it might be a broken wire somewhere. Do both of those black wires run INTO the sprinkler valve or does one run in and the other run out to a relay somewhere? Is there a plug or a junction somewhere between the port switch and the sprinkler valve that I can test?

Certainly someone's had this happen before, though I've had the boat ten years and it's always been a fuse.

Nick213    583

Sounds like a short in the power wire. I’d run a temp/test wire to the pump to confirm. If you can’t trace the wire the entire way I’d run a new power wire. I think your on the right track to start though by figuring out if there’s a splice somewhere. Only way to figure that out will be tracking the wire.

Edit: run a power wire to the switch not pump and then see if the switch will work if not replace the switch.

Edited by Nick213

I believe the port switch is good. I plugged the center plug into the port switch and it ran the center pumps fine.

Nick213    583

Ok, so that means your getting power to the switch and the problem is between the switch and pump. Run a new wire from the switch to the pump with an appropriate inline fuse.