carguy79ta    67

@Darkside has a 257...I actually saw a fi23 in the wild at the 1600acre lake we are at almost every weekend.  Helped him dial his wave in. He was grinning! He has a gorgeous black hull with red boat. Nice!

Hein    63

We are bringing our Fi25 home on Tuesday.  I'll be happy to answer questions as we get to know it.

All the best,

Hein

• Like 3
  • Like 1

h20king    794
9 hours ago, Hein said:

We are bringing our Fi25 home on Tuesday.  I'll be happy to answer questions as we get to know it.

All the best,

Hein

What color? Did you buy from NWBS?

Hein    63
On 4/22/2019 at 9:16 AM, h20king said:

What color? Did you buy from NWBS?

Brought the Fi home today. We did purchase it from Pat and his crew at Northwest Boat Sports in Oregon City.  Very attentive hard working team. They are all ready to step up to help their customers. Ian took us for a demo to show how to set it up for wakesurfing awesomeness. Brian was great helping with the details. It has been a pleasure to do business with them.  Looks like we might have light wind tomorrow so hopefully will get on the water. Picked up a new Soulcraft with the boat so ready to step up our game. All the best, Hein & Kim

fi25_home.png

Edited by Hein
  • Like 4

RhuntIII    555

@Hein, She looks fabulous. I've always enjoyed your mods on that old boat but this one right here....  Might not need anything except 1-driver and 1 rider. Maybe you can mod the truck in the meantime. Congrats.

• Like 1

h20king    794

Looks awesome. I crawled through that boat before ordering our fi25 congrats and welcome to the NWBS family. 

• Like 1

h20king    794

Love the colors and interior on that boat. I was thinking of doing that color way but NWBS beat me to it. So clean and classy .

Hein    63

We upgrade to Michelin LTX tires (stiffer sidewall) for the truck and will get some Airlift bags to level out the rear while towing. They are due to release a kit for our 2017 Titan in May. Truck actually did very well towing. We have a weigh safe hitch and it showed 700lbs tongue weight. We had NWBS put 400 lbs of lead in the back of the boat to compensate for smaller crew and to reduce tongue weight a little bit.

We are planning on a rear view camera instead of mirror for the boat. Hoping to work out that install this weekend. Will start a new thread on upgrades. Can't leave anything stock. It's half the fun.

All the best,

Hein

• Like 1

h20king    794
1 hour ago, Hein said:

We upgrade to Michelin LTX tires (stiffer sidewall) for the truck and will get some Airlift bags to level out the rear while towing. They are due to release a kit for our 2017 Titan in May. Truck actually did very well towing. We have a weigh safe hitch and it showed 700lbs tongue weight. We had NWBS put 400 lbs of lead in the back of the boat to compensate for smaller crew and to reduce tongue weight a little bit.

We are planning on a rear view camera instead of mirror for the boat. Hoping to work out that install this weekend. Will start a new thread on upgrades. Can't leave anything stock. It's half the fun.

All the best,

Hein

We are installing a camera as well ,just know the screen is split.if you have navigation you can not use it while using the camera 

Hein    63

Congratulations COCenturion! Both my sister and my daughter live in Denver. So glad to see another Fi25 ready to hit the water. Do like the black look. We are like Ying and Yang, ha ha.  We had our first outing this week and sort of struggled with the wave at first.  A quick call to Ian at NWBS got us on the right track and I was pretty stoked to get a decent ride. We are looking forward to dialing it in more.  Please share your settings so we can learn from each other.

On Monday I am ordering a extra bag  that we can throw on the seat.  Will add another pump and thru-hull port to fill it.  Going to wire it with a reversible winch relay connected to a remote control to simplify the wiring. We don't often have more than 4 crew so thinking we need some more weight on the seat or on the floor on the surf side. I would prefer that over more lead. Also have some upgrades to the surf tabs in mind but need to design and fab some parts first. Here's a video of my first rides behind the Fi25.

All the best, Hein

Setup: crew of 4, ram fill 100%, All bags full except bow. 200 lbs lead in each rear locker. pt at 40%, stinger 50%, st 0% and cats at 30; iirc.

Edited by Hein

COCenturion    4

Thanks Hein! Since you have family out here let me know if you ever make it out this way! Yeah I love the black but I am having it ceramic coated this week. It was a custom order to match my truck but we brought it home with the Suburban because the whole family came with me to pick it up and we don’t all fit in my truck anymore. That was due to an awesome little surprise in January. ? We are going out in a couple weeks for the first try and will see how it goes. This is actually our first boat so really excited but a little nervous too. I used to wakeboard a fair amount way back but I have never surfed. We got all the gear and are going to give it a shot! I probably won’t be the most help on settings until I figure out how to surf but if I get a killer wave I will let you know! Thanks for sharing the info and I will do my best to help anyway I can.

Getssum    10

Hein I don't think you're weighting the Fi25 correctly, IMHO the boat does NOT need more weight  than factory to surf, and surf well. I think you need more roll, maybe draining off some of the opposite side of the rider. Maybe post on the Facebook group for best settings, but based on that video the boat is definitely not set up correctly.

• Like 1

euro2012    6

If your surf tab is only at 40%, that is too low as well.  It would need to be in the 70-80% range.  Less stinger would add to the steepness of the wave as well.

• Like 1

Hein    63

Thanks for the insight, Gentlemen.  We will try changing the setup as you have suggested. All the best, Hein

Edited by Hein