Fpounds

S211 Surf Setup Advice

Fpounds    0

Any suggestions on setup for the best push and wave size on an S211? I have new 750’s in rear lockers, 250 in front and the standard quickfill in center. I just added the 750’s in rear and don’t see much wave difference I must be doing something wrong. 

Speed, trim tab and left surf gate number of clicks down. 

strev    26

Are you filling everything or listing the boat? Sounds like you don't have enough weight. I have an S21, I believe the bottom of my boat is the same length and shape as yours (maybe the front is a little different because mine is a pickle fork) and I list my boat for the best wave. 

I fill both quick fills, fill surf side PNP (1000lb sumo sacks fit perfectly), 150lbs of lead under surf side PNP, then I spread 350lbs of lead under surf side seats. I set the stinger plate to roughly 25% and about 3-4 clicks on the quick surf. 

Sometimes when it's just my wife and kids the above setup is lacking a little, with a larger crew this setup puts out a mackin wave for a 21' boat, my buddy has an ri 237 and he loves my wave (maybe he's just being nice haha). 

• Like 1

jfriesen24    0

I had the same question, just picked up my 2017 S211 this weekend and having fun playing with the settings.  My dealer told me to fill all 5 to 100% (I have no extra lead or anything, but 850's in the back, 250 in the front and standard quickfill).  Would one generally not fill the opposite side ballast completely, or is more weight always better? Also wondering what trim level is optimal.

Boat Lo Res.jpg

Same question here. I have every ballast you can order and the surf plates. I have tried all types of boards, speeds and weight distribution and cannot get any push  from the wave. The wave looks amazing but surfs horrible to the point the rope needs to stay in hand. The only way to surf without a rope is to list the boat to the point you'd think would tip the boat over and then surf on the ski deck.  It's as tho there is no volume behind the wave?  I love the look and solid feel of the boat but so far its not living up to being a surf boat???

strev    26

This is behind my s21 with the listed setup that I posted above, I am 220lbs. The wave is great! I can surf way behind the swim step. These are tall boats, when I list it with all the weight I mentioned in my previous post,  the rub rail is still a few inches above the water line, not sketchy at all IMO. In my old elite V we would load it until the water was at the sun pad... that was just a little sketchy.

can you surf behind other boats? Don't take this the wrong way, but a lot of people will blame the wave, when really it's the rider not truly knowing how to ride the wave. A lot of people just expect the wave to push you without any effort or skill from the rider. Again, not saying that this is your situation, this is just a general comment.

im headed out to the lake now with 4 friends and my wife, I will get pictures of all of us surfing our butts off. Feel free to pm me with any questions or if you want to see any more pictures of my wave/setup.

With the right setup the s21/s211 will throw a killer wave for a 21' boat!

IMG_3177.PNG

Hi Peeps. I can surf behind other boats, not a pro by any means. I looked at your set up. I guess to my disappointment you are having to add a S*%t ton of weight. This makes no sense to me, a damn near $100,000 2018 "SURF" boat with every ballast option possible and I have to add weight to it to make it work. I can surf it with the nose of my board about a foot off the ski deck but have to pump the heck out of it if i fall back. I've held the rope for over an hour straight while the driver slowly tweaks every tab, stinger plate and ballast..... nothing.. just no push. 

qxbuzz    7

My 2017 S211 is setup like this:  I surf regular (port side)

(Formerly ran 750 pnp bags in rear lockers)

1000lb Sumo bags in rear lockers

500 lb wakeballast steel bags (300 on surf side, 200 non surf side)

Usually anywhere from 2-5 people in the boat

A good starting point would be:  (this is for regular surf only)

Quickfill:  Port: 100% Stbd: 90%

Rear pnp: Port: 100% Stbd: 90%

Bow bag: 30-40% ( my boat doesn’t have bow tank.  If you have the bow hard tank run that full, then add some to the bow bag if needed)

QuickSurf Left: 70

Stinger Plate: 40-60.  (The actual number on the Stinger plate is not very accurate from what I have been told due to the software.  To achieve 40-60 start with Stinger all the way up at 0, then about 5-6 clicks down will get you 40-60 on the screen.  

I have 150 lbs of the wakeballast bags under the Port side pnp bag toward the transom, and 100 lbs under the Stbd side bag placed the same way.

I have 150 lbs in the under seat storage closest the the transom bulkhead on the Port side, and the other 100 in the Stbd under seat storage.  The driver offsets the uneven weighting of the bags.  

Put all of the people on the surf side....  I have surfed this setup for two seasons now, and can ride all day long ropeless, get airs , 360, you name it.  I can surf the entire pocket and can get all the way to the back of the wave with plenty of push.  

The S211 and S238 boats will not surf well from the factory, and that is a known fact.  They need extra weight to surf well.  A lot of other manufacturers are the same way...  

I would upload a pic but I can’t figure out how to make the file size small enough to...

Good luck, and hopefully you can get yours to surf well...