MobEnzo    51

I have a dual bank setup with blue sea switch and ACR. I don’t currently have a dual bank smart charger. Can I give both batteries a quick top off with the switch off? Or what is the best route to go without a smart charger? Hoping to not disconnect, but obviously can. Also interested in recommendations for smart charger.

Thanks crew!

Wylie_Tunes    146

Just connect your charger to one of the batteries and turn it on. Withing a few minutes, you should the green "COMBINE" light on the ACR illuminate, indicating that its closed, and some charge is now going to both banks. 

If you dont see the light come on, then turn the switch to the COMBINE position, which circumvents the switch. 

Not ideal, but works. 

MobEnzo    51

Thanks Wylie! Worked just as you said in the on position. I do intend to get a dual bank charger.

MobEnzo    51

Resurrecting an old thread... If the ACR is flipping on with no charger connected, does that indicate one of my batteries has gone or is going bad? This started happening last year... My starter battery is old, but does still work. ACR kicked to combine shortly after connecting both batteries tonight. Turned on stereo and it closed. Then I connected smart charger (finally bought two years later) and ACR combine tripped again. My assumption is that starter battery is giving lower voltage than house battery. Would that trip ACR to combine? If so, I assume new starter battery would fix that?

Thanks for the help!

MobEnzo    51

Ended up replacing starting battery and all good now.

• Like 1