sporte77    5

I have a garage door opening of 7'10" (8 foot door).  While shopping for boats last year (I wanted an Ri217 then) - I found that NOTHING fit.  My 2012 Malibu VLX's board rack on the tower actually touches the rubber seal on the top of my door now as it passes under.  I've since taken some drywall off the area above my garage door that covers the beam.  I found that the framing was done so that you could accommodate a close to a 9' door if you wanted to when the house was built.  My builder installed 8' doors.  It's tight - but for $1700 I found a garage door company that will add a panel & one of those low clearance jackshaft openers & hardware to bring my clearance up to 8'9" (limited by the structural beam".  After I found this out - I decided to measure the Fi21 thoroughly to make sure it will fit - both in height and length.  I park the boat in the DOUBLE side.  I have a single 8x8 door and a double 16x8 door now.  The trailers (and now boats) won't fit through the single door (they're wider than 8').

Here are the measurements I took of the Centurion Fi21 for garage fit purposes... Height will vary depending on trailer wheel size, hitch height, trailer brand.  My dealer, Northwest Boat Sports, has lowered trailers before & said they have some "quick release" knobs for the bimini. Their not really quick release - but they are faster than the bolts that come stock.

8'3" - Tower Height when folded - measured on the tower frame itself. 15" wheels.  Add about an inch for 18" - but you can lower the Extreme trailers an inch or so (don't know about boatmate).

Note:  The bimini frame sticks up above the tower higher than the 8'3".  You can get some knobs that will allow the bimini to be removed.  I measured the height of it - but forgot to write it down.

23'0" - Length with trailer tongue folded - to silent stinger (Swim Platform removed/Extreme brand trailer).

24'0" - Length with trailer tongue folded - to swim platform.

8'6" - Width of trailer tires. Outside to outside of tire.

I'll have 1" of clearance with the platform off.  My garage is 23'11" door to wall.  If I cut out the drywall behind the platform & notch the bottom frame on the garage door I don't have to take off the platform - woohoo....  My VLX has one inch right now of clearance with the platform on.   Since the Fi21 model is relatively new (about a year at this point) - I'll try to post as many mods and info as I can after I get mine in mid-july.  Anyone know how to get to the impeller?  That engine - sunk way down low makes me nervous for do it yourself maint.  I've always done my own - but these deep hulls are quite a challenge to reach stuff.

h20king    794

19's come out in July. Rumors I hear is power folding tower option. Might be worth waiting for.

h20king    794

As for getting to the impeller just take it to NWBS and have Ryan do it. Like you said engine sits so deep it is hard to work on. Not worth the frustration. 

InfinitySurf    302

Guessing the engine is the ZR4? Similar to my ZR409....impeller is not too bad, if inside boat facing back of boat looking at engine, its located on back left about half way down. Loosen 15mm belt tensioner (on opposite side of engine) and drop belt....then I just have to remove 3) 10mm screws and the entire housing comes off so you can change impeller and do what you need to do outside the boat so you are not scrunched up in the engine area. 20-25min job for 1 person once you have done it once.

Congrats, sure that will be a sweet boat! Love everything about the FI models (has all you need and lot of the extra stuff I don't care about is not there to keep price lower, like dual screens, etc)....The one thing that would be great to have as an option, is having the fold up seat on passenger side to be able to face backwards while lounging, not a deal breaker tho for me. A power tower and some redundant backup switches would be nice for sure and make it the PERFECT boat in my mind!

h20king    794

New boats are nothing like your boat. The engine sits way deeper and the rear center locker eats up access room 

sporte77    5
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:18 AM, sporte77 said:

I have a garage door opening of 7'10" (8 foot door).  While shopping for boats last year (I wanted an Ri217 then) - I found that NOTHING fit.  My 2012 Malibu VLX's board rack on the tower actually touches the rubber seal on the top of my door now as it passes under.  I've since taken some drywall off the area above my garage door that covers the beam.  I found that the framing was done so that you could accommodate a close to a 9' door if you wanted to when the house was built.  My builder installed 8' doors.  It's tight - but for $1700 I found a garage door company that will add a panel & one of those low clearance jackshaft openers & hardware to bring my clearance up to 8'9" (limited by the structural beam".  After I found this out - I decided to measure the Fi21 thoroughly to make sure it will fit - both in height and length.  I park the boat in the DOUBLE side.  I have a single 8x8 door and a double 16x8 door now.  The trailers (and now boats) won't fit through the single door (they're wider than 8').

Here are the measurements I took of the Centurion Fi21 for garage fit purposes... Height will vary depending on trailer wheel size, hitch height, trailer brand.  My dealer, Northwest Boat Sports, has lowered trailers before & said they have some "quick release" knobs for the bimini. Their not really quick release - but they are faster than the bolts that come stock.

8'3" - Tower Height when folded - measured on the tower frame itself. 15" wheels.  Add about an inch for 18" - but you can lower the Extreme trailers an inch or so (don't know about boatmate).

Note:  The bimini frame sticks up above the tower higher than the 8'3".  You can get some knobs that will allow the bimini to be removed.  I measured the height of it - but forgot to write it down.

23'0" - Length with trailer tongue folded - to silent stinger (Swim Platform removed/Extreme brand trailer).

24'0" - Length with trailer tongue folded - to swim platform.

8'6" - Width of trailer tires. Outside to outside of tire.

I'll have 1" of clearance with the platform off.  My garage is 23'11" door to wall.  If I cut out the drywall behind the platform & notch the bottom frame on the garage door I don't have to take off the platform - woohoo....  My VLX has one inch right now of clearance with the platform on.   Since the Fi21 model is relatively new (about a year at this point) - I'll try to post as many mods and info as I can after I get mine in mid-july.  Anyone know how to get to the impeller?  That engine - sunk way down low makes me nervous for do it yourself maint.  I've always done my own - but these deep hulls are quite a challenge to reach stuff.

UPDATE:

I just got my Fi21 yesterday.  The 18" wheels add 3" to the height.  So, the actual height of the tower when folded (and bimini frame detached and folded back) is 8'6".  My modified garage door opening is 8'7" !!  Whew - that was close... Now I need to get some knobs to release the bimini frame easier.  It's a pain - but I really like the Fi21.  It's a monster compared to my 2012 Malibu VLX.  Just massive.  Over a thousand pounds heavier and so tall.  I am getting a longer surf wave (I'm guessing about 5-6' longer just from today's first 5 hours on the boat).

Fi21water.JPG

• Like 1