Gibber

2013 Enzo SV244 touch screen display help

Gibber    1

Hi,

In the middle of a tubing run this weekend, the touch screen display blacked out and has never come back.  The boat still runs fine but of course I can't adjust the ballast, trim, set speed, etc...

I reset all the toggle breakers/fuses under the dash.  Turned off the Perko switch for the batteries.  Nothing.  I do see a slight change in color of the display when it tries to boot up after turning the key so it appears to be getting power.

Ideas?  Unhook batteries, firmware update, dead display or computer?  Any help would be appreciated.

InfinitySurf    302

#1 issue with screens....is low/bad batteries. Have you checked them? Do you keep on charger or are they old and possibly 1 is not not good or is going bad? Also of course....check all your connections behind the helm that go to screen, maybe something got jarred loose or some corrosion starting. On my 14 SV244....behind the steering wheel and under dash (looking up when laying on your back), there are 2 breakers up there...maybe check them too as well as any fuses that may be in-line between screen and battery.

If that is not the issue, then first I would suggest a hard re-boot by disconnecting the batteries for at least 10mins (zip tie battery cables together so you know what goes where and you don't misplace any)....if that does not work the software update would be my next try. I ask for update each year.

Anything is possible, but those are things I would start with.

Gibber    1

Thank you for all the ideas!  Shouldn't be batteries as they are new this year, kept hooked up to a charger and the issue initially occurred while the boat was running. I checked all the breakers and fuses I could find as well as any loose connections.

I'll try the hard boot next.  Not sure how to get a firmware update, let alone install one or whether you can do so without the display.  Thanks!

InfinitySurf    302

Hate to hear that....if boat still runs fine, and screen blimps when you turn on the key, it still makes me think it could be power related due to low battery Still think it could be a connection issue too, where you going over wakes or anything when it happened? Could be somewhere else too, like a battery ground and I have heard of that happening due to loose or corroded battery wire/ground.

Pretty sure you can still have issue with screen due to low/bad battery with boat running since screen is hooked to accessory battery (I may be wrong on this) and likely that alternator is charging the starter battery, not accessory unless you have ACR. Less likely knowing that new batteries and you keep them charged (it is a smart charger that just maintains when full, right). IMO, its still worth trying to switch the batteries around just to see if screen boots up....and try putting switch on "combine", have you tried that? Even tho new, possible you got a bad battery.

If that does not pan out, then will probably have to have dealer do some kind of test on the screen, hopefully it did not go out on you. Please update us when you find out...I know the screens worry me as they age and my boat is a 2014. Hope this turns out to be something simple somehow that is just proving harder to trace out

Gibber    1

New info while working at night.  That slight change of color in the day turned out to be the normal screen, just barely visible.  The touch screen even works but you wouldn't be able to see it during the day even in shade.

Both batteries are putting out 12.8 volts.  I disconnected both positive terminals for 15 minutes to reset the computer anyway.  Reconnected tightly and checked negatives.  Rechecked all connections under the dash and reset breakers.

Still the same behavior but I feel like it's progress.  (-:

• Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

Great news!!

InfinitySurf    302
10 hours ago, Gibber said:

New info while working at night.  That slight change of color in the day turned out to be the normal screen, just barely visible.  The touch screen even works but you wouldn't be able to see it during the day even in shade.

Both batteries are putting out 12.8 volts.  I disconnected both positive terminals for 15 minutes to reset the computer anyway.  Reconnected tightly and checked negatives.  Rechecked all connections under the dash and reset breakers.

Still the same behavior but I feel like it's progress.  (-:

Can you get into settings and adjust the brightness of the screen at all? I don't remember if my screen had any adjustments for that. Code to get into dealer settings should be #91 if that is where those setting adjustments are, tho I would think that would be in regular settings if you have one at all.

Gibber    1

I couldn't read the screen enough to navigate.   Barely negligible, like a faint burn in.

Gibber    1

Got it to an authorized Centurion boat shop.  Confirmed I'll have to replace the screen.  Of course it's back ordered.

Trying to get them to give me the make, model, serial numbers off the screen itself so I can search for companies who may have one in stock.

Any other ideas for figuring that out and finding one would be appreciated.  Thx.

Edited by Gibber

Nick213    583

You might consider taking to a computer repair shop. At this point you probably have nothing to lose by checking that opinion out. If you find someone that can fix it you’ll end up spending a lot less to.

alexan1071    0

I have the same issue but a few years ago I read that they have issues with the touch display so I found a spare(new) on ebay.  A few days ago my screen would not light up so I hooked up the new one and it did the same thing so I know it is not the unit?  Pretty useless without the screen because it has everything. Has anyone experienced this and have a solution?

InfinitySurf    302
2 hours ago, alexan1071 said:

I have the same issue but a few years ago I read that they have issues with the touch display so I found a spare(new) on ebay.  A few days ago my screen would not light up so I hooked up the new one and it did the same thing so I know it is not the unit?  Pretty useless without the screen because it has everything. Has anyone experienced this and have a solution?

Check batteries first when you have a screen issue, especially when not lighting up at start up. Batteries being low or bad is #1 cause of screen issues....tho of course not the only problem, its the simple thing to check first.