Sammer    0

First time boat owner here. I just picked up a 2004 Cyclone with a Mercruiser 350 MAG MPI. I'm wanting to change the raw water impeller and the fuel filter as preventative maintenance as Im not sure of the maintenance history on this boat. If anyone can tell me the location of the impeller housing and what filters I should change and their location that would be appreciated. There seems to be many different variations depending on the year and model of each boat and engine. I've already done an engine oil change but that's it

DrNate    426

I believe this is it.  It's titled "winterization" but it pretty much covers everything

rhino89523    34

The fuel filter is usually staring at you, on mine it is at the front of the motor closest to the back seat, it would be the rear of the motor if it was in a car and furthest from the belt close to the bell housing on mine it is on the starboard side. The raw water impeller will be driven by the belt, on mine it is on the port side and is the lowest pulley on the port side of the motor. The above winterizing procedure is pretty good and shows most of the locations of everything pretty well but mine only has 4 of the blue plugs in slightly different locations. His write up is great, V drive fluid change, transmission fluid change, oil and filter, fuel separator/filter and you are pretty much done with the fluid game.

If you are going to do the impeller I found it easiest to pull my muffler out of the way to make some room for my big butt to get at everything, I also find it easier to remove the impeller housing and do all the work on the work bench then reinstall it back onto the motor and reinstall the belt. There are 2 different impellers that I know of and I believe the difference is either you have a steel or plastic housing. It's pretty easy to install an impeller just be sure you put the twist going the same direction as what came out. If you have decent mechanical skills its very doable.