madmike    24

Hello

I got my 2014 fx22 our of storage and dewinterized this week, ran it on the hose and all checked out.  Put a brand new impeller into it and put it in the lake, a few minutes after launching it started to alarm and I noticed the temp spiking above 200 degrees. I shut it down to cool and jumped over to see if anything was blocking the raw water intake, all was clear. I got some tools and removed the impeller to verify All was still well.  It seems like water is getting to the impeller but not beyond to the motor. I pull the hose off the top of the impeller housing and water will rush out of the engine if running but water won’t reach the engine you can tell the hoses are empty and collapsed.

Motor is the pcm 343

any ideas? Do these have a thermostat? Maybe it is stuck? Any other ideas?

thanks!

mike

Edited by madmike

Wylie_Tunes    146

Yes, there is a thermostat, but it sounds like the impeller is sucking air. Missing or torn r-ring?

InfinitySurf    302

If it checked out before you installed the impeller, then must be an issue there, occasionally the impeller will spin the inside hub. So impeller looks good but it is not turning cause hub broke loose. Check that o-ring like Whylie said too, need an air tight seal.

Thermostat is behind the heat exchanger, below engine cover in a black aluminum housing...but from what I hear those rarely go bad.

• Like 1

madmike    24

I used a pump for my fat sack to pump water into one of the large diameter hoses on the top of the motor to fill the block with water and was able to finally get it to start sucking water... working fine now!

Edited by madmike