InfinitySurf    302

Awesome, thank you for the feedback!

• Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

I got the Gatorbak covers earlier this week, really happy with how stout and well made these are. Just gotta make time to get the install done now and think I will follow ur advice and just Lag Screw them back in so if for some reason I need to do any adjustments later, or replace down the road....will be easier than carriage bolts.

I will post pics too when I am done with my trailer

Troy    234
On 3/9/2019 at 10:14 AM, InfinitySurf said:

I got the Gatorbak covers earlier this week, really happy with how stout and well made these are. Just gotta make time to get the install done now and think I will follow ur advice and just Lag Screw them back in so if for some reason I need to do any adjustments later, or replace down the road....will be easier than carriage bolts.

I will post pics too when I am done with my trailer

Awesome! What color did you go with? Can't wait to see the finished product. 

InfinitySurf    302
On 3/11/2019 at 9:47 AM, Troy said:

Awesome! What color did you go with? Can't wait to see the finished product. 

I went with black. The bunk carpet is black, trailer is mostly black and so is my boat hull, so figured that would look the best.

I still have not had time to cut the new P.T. 2x6 to size and install the Gatorbak, hoping to get some time sometime soon to get that done. Also trying to find some black colored, stainless screws that are 1" long and #10. I found some that are #8 and may use them initially. Think it will look a lot better if the screw heads will blend into the bunk covers rather than seeing the stainless color against the black.

Question....my bunks all currently have a 45 degree angle cut on top of bunk, at the back side of trailer where boat is driven onto them. Were your bunks like that before you replaced? I am thinking if I put the angle on new bunks, it will be tough to make the Gatorback fit right, look clean and not have screws holding it down which can potentially scratch the boat if one came loose. I always back the trailer in a good ways and do not power load, typically I "bump" boat into the trailer and then have the driver back the trailer under me as I have it in idle till a couple feet from winch, then winch it the last couple feet so its secure. Not sure how important it is too keep that 45 degree angle and don't see many other trailers designed that way.

My trailer looks almost exactly like yours, even with the same blue color. Most of my trailer is black tho and my fenders are blue to match the blue colors on my boat.

Edited by InfinitySurf

InfinitySurf    302

1st pic... is the only picture I could find that shows the 45 degree angle at rear of bunk, hard to see....but this was a picture I had when my FAE was installed in 2017, you can see the angled bunk on left side of center trim plate.

2nd pic shows the boat/trailer, this was last summer when I was building my new house.

3rd pic was Oct 2018, about a month after finishing the house.

I don't have any pics of the trailer without boat on it since I trailer everywhere, but I will be sure to get some before and during pics of the new bunk install. Gonna take the time to clean up the trailer really well when I remove the old bunks, touch up any areas of paint that have corrosion starting (I ordered some paint from Boatmate), and then buff and wax the entire trailer. Thinking of putting some clear 3M strips in a couple areas on trailer that are prone to rock chips to prevent future issues with that.

FAE. Resized.jpg

2014 Centurion SV244.jpg

Boat n Tor. resized pic. 10.07.k18.jpg

• Like 1

Troy    234

Yes my trailer had the 45's at the end also. I just cut them straight.  I didn't see a reason to have them at a 45 and all our ramps are steep where the boat will not touch the end of those bunks.  When I talked to the Gator people about the ends being at a 45, they also recommended just cutting the boards at a 90 and using their end pieces. 

I think I would like the stainless hardware on the black bunks. give them some definition, but that is my .02. 

InfinitySurf    302

Thank you, that is exactly what I was thinking on the 45 degree cuts as well. My ramps are also all plenty steep.

The stainless blends well with your grey bunk covers, just think on mine it will stick out against the black since I don't have any other stainless (have chrome and diamond plate of course). Regardless I will get stainless screws so they don't rust, I have just seen some stainless screws that heads were black so I was thinking I would check into them tho I have already bought the Stainless colored ones.

• Like 1