Bigcoop    0

My girlfriend and I are starting to get test rides together for different boats. Recently a dealer near us picked up centurion and supreme. I see that the s202,s211, etc. are the most popular and most abundant on the market. I cant find much of a review or walkthru for a s21. We like the style of the s21 better than the others but there seems to no info. My dealer doesnt have one in stock to go look at either. Is there a reason its not as popular? Is there something about this boat that people dont want it?

strev    26

Im not sure why it as not as popular, I think (my opinion) the styling of the s21 is better than the s211. The s211 has the same styling of the s238, non wrap around windshield, non pickle fork front end, tower that sits back further on the boat, ect... the s21 is like a mini s226, pickle fork front end, wrap around windshield, a more forward mounted tower, ect... my guess is that it is because the s211 and s238 have more of a "new style" look to them. The s21 has a slightly bigger cabin do to it not having a rear seat/step on the transom. I believe the s211 and the s21 perform the same, so it really comes down to what style YOU prefer... The s202 is not even in the same league, it's a small boat with a 95" beam and low freeboard. 

Disclaimer: I have an s21, let me know if you have any questions about the s21. 

Edited by strev

49faith    4

I'm with @strev in thinking the S211 is a newer style boat so I'm guessing more popular for the dealers to stock. I'm not completely sure but I'd guess the S21 and S226 weren't at far off in price as the 211 and 238, so more people went with the larger 226. It's true that there isn't much info out there on them. I wonder how many were actually built compared to the other models.

Either way, I love mine but I too would have gone for a 226 if I could do it over again. Really for the extra space and longer hull for the surf wave. The 238 never thrilled me visually so if I get a new boat anytime soon (doubtful, but who knows) I'd probably go right to the Fi.

Sample of my wave. https://gfycat.com/SnoopyBrightFox

strev    26

@49faith wave looks killer!

im with you, my next boat will be an FI for sure. I currently have storage restrictions, plus we usually have a small crew. I will be getting the fi21. 

Does anyone have any real world experience with the fi21?