lovetosurf    48

Calling all Fi23 owners! With it being such a new boat, how about we get a discussion going to share all mods, tips & tricks related to the Fi23. 

Here’s some of our fun mods so far to get things started. Cheers!

• Like 3
  • Like 3

Sean C    1

Well done Sir!! Looking forward to making some of these mods on our FI23!

• Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

Nice job and all good stuff. Great idea on adding the gas shocks to rear hatches and especially like the phone holder since that is something captain is constantly using. I may hijack that idea for my boat, always trying to figure out where to put my phone and it always needs to be charged. Good stuff

• Like 1

nailem    29

Great mods!! Where did you find the push button ignition switch? 

lovetosurf    48
On 5/21/2018 at 7:53 PM, nailem said:

Great mods!! Where did you find the push button ignition switch? 

Email Erik @ support@wakeblaster.com for the push button starter kit, mention me for the same price and configuration.

lovetosurf    48
7 hours ago, LakeWarrior said:

Fi23 ignition switch is so annoying. Where did you get the push button?

Email Erik @ support@wakeblaster.com for the push button starter kit, mention me for the same price and configuration.

lovetosurf    48
On 5/19/2018 at 10:22 PM, InfinitySurf said:

Nice job and all good stuff. Great idea on adding the gas shocks to rear hatches and especially like the phone holder since that is something captain is constantly using. I may hijack that idea for my boat, always trying to figure out where to put my phone and it always needs to be charged. Good stuff

I agree, here’s a link to the one I used if you’d like to give it a try. Cheers!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0792N1C78?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

InfinitySurf    302
17 minutes ago, lovetosurf said:

I agree, here’s a link to the one I used if you’d like to give it a try. Cheers!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0792N1C78?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

I could not tell how you mounted it too the dash...did you remove the car vent clamp at back and drill thru the dash to secure using a bolt or something like that? I heard you said you ripped it apart and looked like you not only got it flush to dash, but I did not see the power wire either, very nice...just curious how you mounted permanently since if I did it, I would want to do the same thing if you don't mind sharing.

sporte77    5

Great mods!!  Thanks for sharing.  

Can you tell us where you got the lift supports and which make/model they were?  Thanks!

JJOcean    30

Love the mods!  

On the phone charger mount, how did you go about re-routing the power cord?  Did you solder off the the wires from the circuit board inside the charger housing, mount the circuit board behind the dash, drill out a small hole in the back of the charger housing and run new wire from the circuit board that's now outside the housing behind the dash to the soldered off wires inside the housing?

I'm really tired of my phone ending up all over the place, so would definitely want to do something similar - just curious of your method.  Thanks!

NWextreme    2

I bought the ignition module but can’t get the accessory’s to stay on when u kill the boat. How did you wire that to be able to do that?

lovetosurf    48
On 7/14/2018 at 2:10 PM, NWextreme said:

I bought the ignition module but can’t get the accessory’s to stay on when u kill the boat. How did you wire that to be able to do that?

You have to connect the red wire from the switch to the white wire on the module and you should be all set! Sorry for the late reply! 

• Like 1

lovetosurf    48
On 6/15/2018 at 5:02 PM, JJOcean said:

Love the mods!  

On the phone charger mount, how did you go about re-routing the power cord?  Did you solder off the the wires from the circuit board inside the charger housing, mount the circuit board behind the dash, drill out a small hole in the back of the charger housing and run new wire from the circuit board that's now outside the housing behind the dash to the soldered off wires inside the housing?

I'm really tired of my phone ending up all over the place, so would definitely want to do something similar - just curious of your method.  Thanks!

So sorry for the late reply but yes, exactly as  you described, removed the plate and phone holder, drilled a second hole, removed the wires from the board, re soldered and ran the power cable to the USB port behind the dash.

Hope it all worked out!

NWextreme    2
On 7/16/2018 at 5:16 PM, lovetosurf said:

You have to connect the red wire from the switch to the white wire on the module and you should be all set! Sorry for the late reply! 

Will this get all the accessory’s and screen to keep on or just the stereo? 

lovetosurf    48
On 7/23/2018 at 9:04 PM, NWextreme said:

Will this get all the accessory’s and screen to keep on or just the stereo? 

It’s a 3 stage approach, first stage stereo and accessories turn on, second stage turns the screen on, long press at anytime starts everything including the motor. 

Once he motor is running, pushing the button will revert back to stage 1 with screen off, motor off but music and accessories on.

Hope that helps.

EliteV    1

Awesome mods

on the rear hatch lift gates, what brackets did you use? One set of flat brackets and one set of angled or 90 degree ones? If you could tell me where u mounted em that would be sweet. Like how many inches from the edge etc...

emailed erik about push start and getting that ball rolling as well

lovetosurf    48
On 10/23/2018 at 1:35 PM, EliteV said:

Awesome mods

on the rear hatch lift gates, what brackets did you use? One set of flat brackets and one set of angled or 90 degree ones? If you could tell me where u mounted em that would be sweet. Like how many inches from the edge etc...

emailed erik about push start and getting that ball rolling as well

EliteV, Sorry for the late reply.

So, I did mine with flat brackets approximately 3” down and 3” in from the hinge side with trays out.

The top bracket are 90 degrees and approx 12” from the hinges along the center rail.

I used a scrap piece of metal (old triangular door hinge I think) to make the flat bracket to get the connecting ball to sit 3” down from the top. Then marked the location on the tray and drilled a hole for the ball connector to pass through. 

Hope that helps, Cheers.

Edited by lovetosurf

EliteV    1

perfect thanks, that was me on your youtube video as well btw. I didnt know where you would respond. this should help me try and mount the lift gates and i have them in my amazon cart. after I look around a bit ill snag some brackets as well and hopefully set it up