I'm in need of changing out my board racks on my tower. I have a Skylon Swoop on my Centurion Avalanche C4. Need a rack that holds a wakeboard and surf. Any recommendations? Thanks

Nick213    583

Samson racks are really good for there price. I had them on my last boat and will probably get them again for my current boat since non of the clamping racks have bracket for my tower.

InfinitySurf    302

@Nick213 I had asked Fineline last year about adding racks to my SV244 since I have 2 but am able to have 4 total. I have the Aegis Tower (I don't remember if your tower is the Gladiator or Aegis)....but Fineline told me that Skylon had the mounts/brackets for both towers and you just gotta ask them on phone call since they don't list them all online. Skylon sent me brackets and wake/surf racks.

edit...I just realized you said clamping racks, mine are swivel and secures boards with the elastic band.

Nick213    583

Thanks @InfinitySurf, but yeah I wanted to get either the PTM clamping racks or Roswell triton racks but can't find/get brackets that will work with them and my gladiator tower ?

So since I had the Samson swivel racks on my avy and loved them (other then the aplastic bands) I figure I'll get them for my 244.

h20king    794

Nick I believe Samson has clamping racks but they are $$$ you would have to call and ask as I don't see them on there sight 

• Like 1

Nick213    583

I'll give them a call thanks H, hope they are making clamping racks now!

Nick213    583

We'll I just called and no they don't make clamping board racks.

InfinitySurf    302

That sucks, I went with Skylon cause I was adding racks and Skylon made the OEM ones, only difference between old/new racks I got is the ones that came from factory say Centurion on them instead of Skylon.

The clamping racks are super nice but I just put my expensive boards in my Corson Piper racks mounted under tower, those are great for doing no damage but I was lucky enough to end up with a taller tower...and am only 5' 10" tall, so it works and I don't hit my head on them, lot of people would probably not like my setup cause they would hit their head on them.

I spent yesterday afternoon surfing with the Wake9 crew on Lake Norman. The are doing a 2 week trip from California to GA and then back. They had their new Supra SL which had 4 clamping racks, 2 on each side, they are super smooth to operate but oh so much money! We had 9 people on board and 9 boards (which all fit cause they also had the surf pockets) Wave was money on the SL and they were running the stock 3500lbs of sub-floor ballast plus 600lbs of lead, nothing else. Was actually very similar to my wave except I run more like 5k in ballast. We had a blast, actually rained for about an hour during the afternoon and we just surfed thru it till weather got nice again. Really nice people and glad I got an opportunity to ride the SL and meet them.

h20king    794
13 hours ago, Nick213 said:

We'll I just called and no they don't make clamping board racks.

I know they had some on display at the boat show and said they would be available soon. The design must not have been good enough or not enough demand