Sign in to follow this  
MascotRejct

2005 Avalanche Surf Ballast with Suck Gate

MascotRejct    0

Hey guys, we just got a new to us boat, and i'm having trouble finding info on this forum about Ballast capabilities for an 05 avalanche with the walk through transom. Any idea what the biggest bag I could stick in the starboard locker is? The boat only has the sock center tank on it. I don't mind filling with an external pump, just don't want the bags sitting around talking up usable space in the boat. I plan on using a mission Delta on either side, so I'd like to keep it evenly weighted, plus that way I can run the bags for both boarding and surfing.

Also, wakemakers says they sell a dual 720lb system for the avalanche but that seems like its way too big to fit in that small locker... Is that really the right one?

Any help is appreciated! 

InfinitySurf    302

Did Wavemakers provide the dimensions for the 720lb bag? You could measure the smaller locker and see what you have, they do build custom size bags but sure that wont be needed since its a popular boat.

Depending on if you trailer and what your trailer and truck can handle, extra weight using lead is also a good idea for more weight that does not take up a bunch of room. (if you need more once you get it set up with bags)

bomoseen avy    45

Fly high tube sac=370# is biggest you can fit in the locker.  Throw a 400 on the walkthrough and fill the port locker and port seat (custom avy sac is 1500#)

I always ran my avy listed for regular wave with a 400 pound bag in the bow, custom avy bag full, and if light crew 400 bag on top of port seat. I did hear people running a surf gate with 1100 on the Surfside and 8 to 900 on the non-service side with 400 in the bow. 

https://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-tube-sac.html?75=3&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIksr92pOE2wIV3I2zCh3MHwlNEAQYASABEgKwYfD_BwE

rhino89523    34

I run one of those enzo style sacks that fills the whole locker and under the seats up to the observer, then I think it's like a 400lb in the locker under the walkthrough with an 800lb filled as far as it will go in the walkway, usually have enough people to keep the bow down but when it's just the boys out I throw another 800 filled mushy so probably 500ish up front...then a home made suck gate and the wave works pretty good.