Aquaholic1

S211 or S238(with the 343 or 409)

Aquaholic1    3

Hey guys, so I’m in the process of switching from axis to supreme. Two questions....

1.) I’m not sure between the 211 or 238.  Obviously the 238 has much more room, but aside from that I’m looking for opinions from people who have been in both. Which one and why?

2.) If I go with the 238, is the 343 good? Obviously I know the 409 would be better, but is it needed? The boat I want only has the the 343.....

Thanks!

Edited by Aquaholic1

NW Vettes    11

S238 for sure but it needs lead and bigger bags. I’ve had an s226 and felt it was too small. Also go with 409 you will love the motor and it’s a silly upgrade not to do since it’s so cheap to upgrade. Huge difference between the motors I feel. 409!

• Thanks 1

InfinitySurf    302

238 is a big boat, you will want the 409 for sure....and the 409 will be plenty unless you are at high elevation (great engine and is what I have in my 24ft boat). Think you will struggle with the 343 if you have decent ballast and only option will be a torque prop that will likely make your max speed like 32 which puts your rpm's higher....but bigger issue is IMO, the resale will be a potential problem with a 343 in the 238. 

I think 238 for sure, not only cause you will want the room, but when it comes to resale the 23ft boats are the most popular and easiest/quickest to sell cause more people looking for them

• Thanks 1

Aquaholic1    3

Thanks guys! I’m hopefully working out the deal today. The one I wanted as far as color and options on had the 343 which is why I was contemplating the 211 with everything I wanted with the 409.  I found another 238 with less options but has the 409 and colors I like. Plan on 850’s and some lead or 1000’s in the rear to start with.....

InfinitySurf    302

I would start with biggest bags cause you dont have to fill them all the way if you dont want too, (but you will probably want to) and you don't want to have to upgrade bags next summer. Do it right the first time. Its a big boat, bigger the boat the more weight it likes for awesome waves