chksda    0
Posted (edited)

Just got a boat lift for my S21, are there any tricks or tips on the best way to fuel up when boat is sitting on the lift all summer?  Do they sell any gadgets/gizmos that make fueling easier. For example a cart system?  Or do I need to do it the old fashioned way which is what I did yesterday- fill up a 5 gallon can and haul it back and forth.  Any input is appreciated.    

Edited by chksda

InfinitySurf    201

They do have cart systems....all kinds of stuff out there for this that I have seen talked about in other threads. Personally I like the shaker siphon, but you still gotta haul cans doing that and sounds like you don't want to do that (understandably). With shaker siphon tho you don't spill anything, drains 5 gallons pretty quick and if you tilt can for last 15 seconds or so, gets almost every drop of fuel out.

WakeDoc    477

Started out with something similar to this...

todd-p93-2400-gas-caddy.jpg

works good overall, problem is you fill it up at 30 gallons and it weighs around 200 pounds making it a difficult two man job just to get it out of the truck. Usually end up filling five gallon cans and take them to the boat. Have not found an easy way yet. We have also tried the siphon hose, which works well. The fasted method we have found is the VP Racing gas cans below. Will empty 5.5 gallons in a little over a minute.

images.png

Much better having the boat on a lift and ready to use at a moments notice but, sure is easier bringing the boat to the fuel than bringing the fuel to the boat, especially with the terrain/slope at our place.

32169295_10204640545690940_1847386504842706944_n.jpg

Bongo Fury    641

Agree with that......every now and then I throw 10 gallons in with a couple of cans but its such a pain.....pulling into the marina and topping off is so much easier!

Dan gib    5

Ever see those things u dump can into and it's like a giant funnel it's square almost like a buss boy tray with a hose off the bottom it even holds the can upside down. Forget what it's called.

WakeDoc    477

Drop and Fill

Dan gib    5
On 5/10/2018 at 1:06 PM, WakeDoc said:

Drop and Fill

yes thats it www.dropnfill.com 100$ but i think its a great simple design. might have to  get myself one someday

Cameron    4

This might not be what you are looking for because you do not want to haul cans around @chksda but i have a fillrite 5GPM pump and i just run an extension cord to my boat when i need it.

The pump speaks for itself, empties a 5 gallon jug in one minute, comes with a hose and a gas pump filler handle like the gas pumps, no mess, easy to use, different lengths of hose.

My neighbor has a 100ft hose and a tidy tank on a wagon, he fills up all of his toys from the shore just runs the hose around his dock.

skymiker    5

I use the Todd 30 gallon fuel caddy that WakeDoc posted above.  Got an inexpensive hitch mount wheelchair carrier similar to this: https://www.amazon.com/Folding-Electric-Wheelchair-Carrier-Mobility/dp/B00AOA6HXK for the truck.  Works great but had to extend the ramp with 2x8's on the one I got so it wasn't so steep.  Have to be sure you can fill by gravity.  Takes almost 15 minutes to empty it.  Everything paid for itself in about seven or eight 30 gallon fills.  I filled 4 times for a full 120 gallons just last week!