Does anyone know if the seat pedestal on 2003-2005 ish Avalanche can be removed and or replaced?   My Avey did not come with a bolstered seat so I’d like to put in an adjustable pedestal 

WakeDoc    471

have a picture, we just did something like this but, instead I put a taller pedestal on and raised the seat, tired of sitting on the bolster.

Jake707    171

I made a seat insert for mine. Framed a box with 2x6 the cut two pieces of plywood the shape of the bottom of the seat cushion for the top and bottom of the box so it fit snug in the seat, wrapped it with a matching vinyl and drilled a whole in the top pieces that the seat cushion locks in place with. Raised me up to see over the windshield and cost about $40 and a few hours of time.

Copy that. Saw the link, thanks.  Does that make the seat real top heavy? I  envision am orange on a toothpick.

Jake707    171

I wouldn't think it makes it top heavy, plus its mounted so no real side to side motion or stress on it. I wont go into too many details but lets just say it held my wife and I juuuuuuuuuuust fine.

• Haha 1

Roger that.   Thanks for all the info.  Really appreciate it.   Guess I’ve got some work to do

WakeDoc    471

Our boat originally came with a Garelick 75909-30, 9" seat base.  After reading this THREAD and determining that the pneumatic version was more than twice as expensive we went with the Garelick 75535 with a 12"-17"adjustable height.

32089750_10204640592772117_5033952892139077632_n.jpg

Loosen swivel adjustment on the seat, remove original seat, remove teflon spacer from original base, add to new base and add seat to adjustable pedestal. Should take no more than 30 minutes. DIY level is very easy.  Should have done it years ago. Funny thing is I used to sit with the heal of my feet where the bolster fit when up so changing the way I have sat in the boat for the last 10 years took a little getting used to. MUCH more comfortable and worth the trade off.

• Like 1