Sign in to follow this  
InfinitySurf

May....picture thread

InfinitySurf    302

Went out this evening for a few hours with some friends. Water is getting nice, 71 degree's with some warmer spots. Taking my boat out tomorrow afternoon with the same group. So glad the good weather is finally here. Sorry for you guys up North that still have ice, know you gotta be dreaming of surfing. My son is going to college in MN and they still have ice on the lakes and snow just melted off like a week ago.

Webp.net-resizeimage (98).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (99).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (14).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (13).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (12).jpg

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Went in to take my SV233 to Overby's for service and ended up coming back with this 2015 FS 44! Think we got the wave dialed in ;). Goofy side has same lip just hard to see with the sun hitting it. Having surfed a 2014 SV233, 2016 SV244, 2013 G23, 2016 RI237, Ri257, Supreme S21, 2001 Elite and Eclipse V-drive, Axis T22 / 23, I have to say the SV244 and the FS44 are by far my favorite waves. The Ri257 I surfed is a close second only because we did not get a lot of time to dial in the wave and did not have any extra ballast on the boat.

Total two people in boat and 400 lbs of lead. The 2nd person was sitting next to the captain seat on the storage compartment. Think I am going to add 100-200 lbs of lead there or have someone always sit there as with the weight there it really helped the wave.

Regular / Port side

Speed 11.2

Port RamFill 100%

Bow 100%

Starboard was 35%

Trim 25 

CATS 10

Notes: Insane push all the way back. Playing with the CATS seemed to push the lip out a little bit. I am sure with more people in the boat I'll run less counter weight or when i get another 400 lbs of lead.

Goofy / Starboard

Speed 11.0 ( I skim buddy surfs)

Starboard RamFill 100%

Bow 100%

Port RamFill 30% 

Trim 35

Cats -20

Notes: The length and height is insane, on my 53 P5 Matrix I was able to pump back in with little effort from white wash / curl. I would rate my 2014 SV233 (had RamFill and CATS with 750s in each locker) goofy wave a 8/10 with this one almost being a 10. I am sure I can dial it in a little more with some lead and playing around with the Trim / CATS. It is hard to see in the picture due to the sun / angle of this photo but the lip and curl is almost identical to the regular side. SO Impressed with the FS44 wave.  

LzOyZ2.jpgx0vFMp.jpgTxv30s.jpg

• Like 3
  • Like 2

InfinitySurf    302

Beautiful boat! Really like the look of the FS boats. I added a 3rd battery (2 for acc) and those 3 batteries counter the weight pretty well for me on observers side (just a thot and also nice to know you wont ever run out of juice on the long weekends where you cant charge after being on the lake). I also run 300-400lbs of lead in bow, adds nice length to the wave...and I keep a 50lb lead bag is very far back corner of the lockers on that little shelf. Just got back from the lake surfing again this afternoon, was 80+ degrees again today, great afternoon just kindof windy today, was blowing pretty hard. Few times where you had to pump your a** off when heading into wind just to keep up, lol.

Congrats on the new ride

Edited by InfinitySurf
  • Like 1

Jlagos    23

Awesome waves on both boats. David I guess you now need to change your profile to reflect the new boat!

9 hours ago, InfinitySurf said:

Beautiful boat! Really like the look of the FS boats. I added a 3rd battery (2 for acc) and those 3 batteries counter the weight pretty well for me on observers side (just a thot and also nice to know you wont ever run out of juice on the long weekends where you cant charge after being on the lake). I also run 300-400lbs of lead in bow, adds nice length to the wave...and I keep a 50lb lead bag is very far back corner of the lockers on that little shelf. Just got back from the lake surfing again this afternoon, was 80+ degrees again today, great afternoon just kindof windy today, was blowing pretty hard. Few times where you had to pump your a** off when heading into wind just to keep up, lol.

Congrats on the new ride

@InfinitySurf

Thanks for the pro tip! We are loving the new boat. That extra battery tip sounds like a great idea, we rarely float for more than 30 minutes in one location, but I might just do that! Do you put the lead under the seats or under the bow filler seat? Maybe ill just put the extra lead in that observer storage and in the bow since I already have 400 between both rear lockers. 

@luluzer Twins! is that light brown interior?! Looks good!

@Jlagos Done!

InfinitySurf    302

I have a 500lb bow PnP bag under front seats, so I put lead under bow filler cushion, 350lbs fits perfect and filler cushion still lays down flat...tho If I don't have kids along and dont need filler cushion installed, I will stack the lead up as far forward as possible (6 high) since the further forward you get it the more leverage you have and my boat likes bow weight since I have quite a bit of weight in rear (I don't lay it on my vinyl seats tho, don't want to ruin it). I have 4900lbs of total ballast, bigger the boat the more weight you need to sink that hull

dreikorncr    7
On 5/2/2018 at 10:08 AM, davidcastelhano said:

Went in to take my SV233 to Overby's for service and ended up coming back with this 2015 FS 44! Think we got the wave dialed in ;). Goofy side has same lip just hard to see with the sun hitting it. Having surfed a 2014 SV233, 2016 SV244, 2013 G23, 2016 RI237, Ri257, Supreme S21, 2001 Elite and Eclipse V-drive, Axis T22 / 23, I have to say the SV244 and the FS44 are by far my favorite waves. The Ri257 I surfed is a close second only because we did not get a lot of time to dial in the wave and did not have any extra ballast on the boat.

Total two people in boat and 400 lbs of lead. The 2nd person was sitting next to the captain seat on the storage compartment. Think I am going to add 100-200 lbs of lead there or have someone always sit there as with the weight there it really helped the wave.

Regular / Port side

Speed 11.2

Port RamFill 100%

Bow 100%

Starboard was 35%

Trim 25 

CATS 10

Notes: Insane push all the way back. Playing with the CATS seemed to push the lip out a little bit. I am sure with more people in the boat I'll run less counter weight or when i get another 400 lbs of lead.

Goofy / Starboard

Speed 11.0 ( I skim buddy surfs)

Starboard RamFill 100%

Bow 100%

Port RamFill 30% 

Trim 35

Cats -20

Notes: The length and height is insane, on my 53 P5 Matrix I was able to pump back in with little effort from white wash / curl. I would rate my 2014 SV233 (had RamFill and CATS with 750s in each locker) goofy wave a 8/10 with this one almost being a 10. I am sure I can dial it in a little more with some lead and playing around with the Trim / CATS. It is hard to see in the picture due to the sun / angle of this photo but the lip and curl is almost identical to the regular side. SO Impressed with the FS44 wave.  

LzOyZ2.jpgx0vFMp.jpgTxv30s.jpg

Awesome boat man. We looked at that when she was still for sale there. She's in great shape and will throw a mean wave for years to come. Let us know if you're ever out on Lake Gaston again!

InfinitySurf    302

Got most of my new Aqua Marine Decking installed...had the boat in garage with tower down so could not get final pics showing the back seat with step installed and the gunnel pieces, will have to do that later. I think the bow pieces, back seat "step" and cooler cover turned out great tho...perfectly matches the decking already on my boat. Cleaning all my cup holders out and then will install a piece at bottom of all my cup holders since the original black pieces are thin and half of them are missing. Also plan to replace the piece on my sundeck walk-thru but have not decided if I am gonna do that now or wait since the pieces on there match the new stuff i got and still in pretty good shape.

Webp.net-resizeimage (15).jpg

Finished step in seat.jpg

Tleeah    33

27157EFB-CE0A-4466-A8FE-B55D651A371B.jpeg

7F93666B-0BDA-4FF7-9CC0-4E0E004CFA35.jpeg

2F8A77C1-C8EE-445A-BA1D-2808AAA88711.jpeg

F3A3AF05-A26B-4B87-A103-9CA7E2679275.jpeg

8EE9FD03-9A02-4205-BF61-07E6820DD335.jpeg

C07FBF29-7A4F-4C1E-913C-90236351CF33.jpeg

4598E6FB-B039-447D-AE78-93BCEF5AD24B.jpeg

785FBE99-0CD3-46BD-8AA8-5A981A401D17.jpeg

84E3B3BE-C6BF-4C02-B55F-78613A6C084A.jpeg

2260692C-E9EA-4490-9053-818EF9B59D09.jpeg

E3B8C982-A286-4DCE-B237-64DDBDBAB789.jpeg

• Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

Got out early Saturday morning with a new crew on a 14' Nautique 230, helping them get the boat dialed in since its fairly new to them.....future surfer right here learning at the right age!