Sign in to follow this  
COV2

Silly Question

COV2    8

So I got the new to me 06 Enzo sv230 home and have been tinkering and getting it ready to hit the water later this week.  First boat and I know nothing, other than what I have learned here.  While poking around I opened the locker in front of the engine and was surprised I could see light through the hole where the arrow is.  Is this normal?

Thanks,

Enzo Hole Pic 1.jpg

nailem    29

Clean the debris away and the hole should be threaded. This is where my 05 Enzo has a drain and a t handle plug.

COV2    8

OK, so that is the drain plug.  I know where that is.  I thought there was the a drain plug at the far back.  Glad I saw that and I appreciate the answer!

Shaka    146

There are two drain plugs. The T handle goes where your picture indicates and the other goes in the back of your boat. If you pull only one pull the one in the back of your boat. 

luluzer    50

Definitely want to have the T plug in before you launch. Not a silly question at all COV2.

I once had my T plug wiggle out while running back in.  Bit of a long story but ran my girl until the recommended 20 hour service. Got her back from thd dealer after the service and didnt think i needed to check my T plug. Sure enough it was choppy on the way back into the marina after the first day of surfing and my T came out. Was curious why my bildge was running so opened my rear compartment at my slip and had a good 6 inches of water. After the initial shock, was able to determine the T plug was missing and then barley spotted it lying on the rear port tranny under what is now more like 10 inches of water.  It was really hard to see partly because of all the water, but mostly because of how deep the engine compartments are in the RIs.

Finding the plug was the easy part, getting it was another matter. Dove in head first and after growing my arm about 3 inches, could just barely reach it with my fingertips, thankfully. Now the real challenge was getting myself out of the engine compartment upside down water to my nose. Honestly I was stuck for a second and thought, well, upside down in my sinking boat . . .guess there are worst ways to go? At least it would make a catchy headline and great photo op (feet sticking out of a partially submerged wake boat, almost too perfect not to be staged). But somehow I was able to wedge myself out against the hot engine. Chest was covered in small burns and big bruises, but I live to fight and more importantly, she still floats, another day!

Moral crew: always check both plugs, no exceptions.

20170910_130453.jpg

Edited by luluzer