Jump to content
Timr71

The Official Tru-Trac [I, II, III] & Falcon Thread

Recommended Posts

Timr71    8

@86SKI So, I've been giving this some thought on how to respond.  Here's my random thoughts: 1. All boats are different, and I'm not just talking about hull and models, I mean each and every boat is different.  Because they're hand made, no two are alike.  So there's some difference between two of the same model that came out of the factory right next to each other.  2. Weight and balance are also a huge issue.  My boat and my cousin's boat are the same hull from the deck down, and they ski differently, but both good.  with regard to weight, we think that my boat has a little less height on the wake due to the weight of the seat structure that we put in the open bow.  What happens there is that slight bit more weight in the nose pivots the boat down a bit and lifts the rear slightly.  3.  weight in the back of the boat is an issue too.  your boat will ski differently with a full tank than with a nearly empty tank.  4. the prop will influence the turbulence on the top of the wake shelf.  And it'll impact the rooster tail too.  Allegedly, the new ACME 541 that I just fitted softens the turbulent area, but I can't say that it does or doesn't because I haven't skied it enough to notice.  Plus I'm trying to come to grips with a new to me ski, so I'm not paying that much attention to what's hitting my legs when I'm crossing the wake.  

 

I would suggest two things: 1. Get your prop sorted out and 2. experiment with some weight in the nose of your boat. Not a lot of weight though, maybe just like 75 lbs or so.  

The Centurion Carbon Pro comes with a small ballast tank on the passenger side that can be filled with just the right amount of water to balance the boat against the weight of the driver.  The only negative to a little weight in the front is that it causes the boat to ride a bit more down in the water so it displaces more.  Everything is a trade off though, you know?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Timr71    8
1 hour ago, ACon977 said:

Thanks @Timr71! I appreciate the links, we were thinking of getting a generic cover (like you pointed out on ebay and Bass Pro Shops) but with the tower it may get tricky. 

Not sure what options there are out there to fit around the tower for an older boat which clearly didn't have the tower. 

I think you'll have to make some cut outs for your tower feet.  You'll need someone who's good with a needle and thread.  Modifying an existing cover will probably be your cheapest route. Otherwise you can have a custom or semi-custom cover made.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ACon977    0
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Timr71 said:

I think you'll have to make some cut outs for your tower feet.  You'll need someone who's good with a needle and thread.  Modifying an existing cover will probably be your cheapest route. Otherwise you can have a custom or semi-custom cover made.  

Luckily, (Admiral) Kelly is good with all that stuff and is planning on doing the vynil for our seats, engine cover, and sides. Plus rebuilding the Bimini, hopefully she can come up with something! What Im curious about is the tensioner going around the outside. But for now, thats a problem for a different day. 

Edited by ACon977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86SKI    12
21 hours ago, Timr71 said:

@86SKI So, I've been giving this some thought on how to respond.  Here's my random thoughts: 1. All boats are different, and I'm not just talking about hull and models, I mean each and every boat is different.  Because they're hand made, no two are alike.  So there's some difference between two of the same model that came out of the factory right next to each other.  2. Weight and balance are also a huge issue.  My boat and my cousin's boat are the same hull from the deck down, and they ski differently, but both good.  with regard to weight, we think that my boat has a little less height on the wake due to the weight of the seat structure that we put in the open bow.  What happens there is that slight bit more weight in the nose pivots the boat down a bit and lifts the rear slightly.  3.  weight in the back of the boat is an issue too.  your boat will ski differently with a full tank than with a nearly empty tank.  4. the prop will influence the turbulence on the top of the wake shelf.  And it'll impact the rooster tail too.  Allegedly, the new ACME 541 that I just fitted softens the turbulent area, but I can't say that it does or doesn't because I haven't skied it enough to notice.  Plus I'm trying to come to grips with a new to me ski, so I'm not paying that much attention to what's hitting my legs when I'm crossing the wake.  

 

I would suggest two things: 1. Get your prop sorted out and 2. experiment with some weight in the nose of your boat. Not a lot of weight though, maybe just like 75 lbs or so.  

The Centurion Carbon Pro comes with a small ballast tank on the passenger side that can be filled with just the right amount of water to balance the boat against the weight of the driver.  The only negative to a little weight in the front is that it causes the boat to ride a bit more down in the water so it displaces more.  Everything is a trade off though, you know?  

Thanks @Timr71, I'll definitely see how it changes after getting the prop refinished. The cheap wheel weight ballast is also a great idea. I'll try to post before and after pics if there's any significant change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimboIA    0

Anyone have pictures or ideas of how to add speakers in the boat.  I have tower speakers and a sub but I want to add speakers  in the boat (especially  towards the front) but I also want it to look nice too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Timr71    8

There's not a lot of places to choose from.  others on her can chime in.  You can put non-flush mount speakers, small ones on the dash, you can also place speakers into the dash if you can find enough room.  Most just put them behind the driver's and passenger seats on the side.  You'll have to probably make enclosures for them and sacrifice some storage space there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ACon977    0
On 8/10/2018 at 1:00 PM, JimboIA said:

Anyone have pictures or ideas of how to add speakers in the boat.  I have tower speakers and a sub but I want to add speakers  in the boat (especially  towards the front) but I also want it to look nice too.

Our boat has them built into the cap. The wires are run under the bottom of the cap where someone glassed in some old paper rolls (no idea what they actually are, they have rotted out, but the glass is still there lol) 

The wires can be just run back to the same receiver. You can cut holes in the cap and upholstry with a jig saw I would assume. Not sure a hole saw is big enough to fit std size round speakers. In our boat there is one in the front and one in the back on each side. This is a pretty standard way to do it which wouldnt involve much. 

5b733b5a408cb_1987SkiCenturian4(1).jpg.14c0135275fd502c10869dfaff41a7c8.jpg5b733b8e3ee1f_Speakerlocation.jpg.00b68a7504fd4105ba63ce43a7867c06.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
slvrbulit    4

Hey Timr71,  beautiful boat I see it around on other fourms that we both belong to.

 

I have a 98 ski centurion elite with the 350MPI motor.  It has been a great boat and I have no complaints.

 

Wish I could post some pictures.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.