Sign in to follow this  
justinmay03

2008 Enzo SV230 Maintenance

justinmay03    0

Crew,

This is my first post on here as I just purchased a 2008 Enzo SV230. I am looking for help on what maintenance I should do to this boat to get it ready for the year. I am fairly mechanical and would prefer to do what I can myself. I have no maintenance records of the boat, but I do know that it was stored high and dry at a marina and was always regularly maintained by that marina. I have no idea when the impellor was done last or anything like that. Any advice on tools that make these jobs easier, what oils and filters I should be using, what the regular maintenance schedule should be, or even a factory guide would be great. I appreciate any information that anyone would like to come forward with.

Thanks,

Justin May 

RhuntIII    555

This may not be for your boat and the parts might be different but it should get you started.

DrNate    426

I'm thinking in 08 you still had the Merc

Hein    63

Water separator, oil change, poly-V belt, water pump impeller, check shaft seal, change distributor cap/rotor, clean bilge, check bilge pump and fan and related plumbing.  Check oil levels in v-drive and transmission while running(trans) or shortly after (v-drive) to get accurate reading.

If there are problems (leaking) with the shaft seal (not uncommon) then you'll need to do an alignment after replacing that.

Suggest checking all wiring and tying up any that is loose.

Check propeller shaft coupler bolts make sure they are all tight.

Edited by Hein

Shaka    146

I do not change out my impeller every year on my SV230. In fact I change every three and every time I change the old impeller looks like it could go another three. I do carry a spare on board just in case.

InfinitySurf    302
6 minutes ago, Shaka said:

I do not change out my impeller every year on my SV230. In fact I change every three and every time I change the old impeller looks like it could go another three. I do carry a spare on board just in case.

Yea, but you also know how YOU run the boat. he just bought it and for all he knows, it was never done before....or they ran engine dry, or its dry rotted, etc.

You wanna do everything when you get a new boat to not take any chances....and then maintain it based on how you use it

• Like 1

justinmay03    0

Thank you for the information guys. The motor is the mercury motor and I will likely get started on it this weekend. Is there a preferred place to order parts online from?

Thanks,

Justin 

Shaka    146
20 hours ago, InfinitySurf said:

Yea, but you also know how YOU run the boat. he just bought it and for all he knows, it was never done before....or they ran engine dry, or its dry rotted, etc.

You wanna do everything when you get a new boat to not take any chances....and then maintain it based on how you use it

I would definitely change out the impeller on a newly purchased boat.