bomoseen avy    45

Need to find a power source and a ground. The wire loops look huge compared to what I found. Assuming this is run off the Perko but not sure how to confirm. Any advice on hooking to power is appreciated. Me and electrical stuff are not best friends

A8C5AA35-0D15-4E5D-9EAD-0ECD6CB6FD72.jpeg

bomoseen avy    45

Overall feel like I made good progress today. Couple questions for those who have done the install: 

my actuator wires enter away from the upper mounting bracket. I’m assuming just bead some silicone on the inside and outside of the hull and call it watertight?

once the power supply is hooked up, looks like the lone deutsch there connects to the plug on the actuator cable hookup?

does it matter how you connect the two cable terminals to the black box controller?

DCF634C3-E2B0-4D47-A2F4-C12E11F13AB8.jpeg

Mrwick    65
28 minutes ago, bomoseen avy said:

Need to find a power source and a ground. The wire loops look huge compared to what I found. Assuming this is run off the Perko but not sure how to confirm. Any advice on hooking to power is appreciated. Me and electrical stuff are not best friends

A8C5AA35-0D15-4E5D-9EAD-0ECD6CB6FD72.jpeg

There should be a common ground block which looks like you found in this pic.

There should be a common key switch block under there somewhere as well where you can steal power from.  If you have a open accessory switch you can use it for power as too.  That is what I wanted to do but I am using mine for other accessories.  I am just using the key switch at this point.

Edited by Mrwick

Mrwick    65
25 minutes ago, bomoseen avy said:

Overall feel like I made good progress today. Couple questions for those who have done the install: 

my actuator wires enter away from the upper mounting bracket. I’m assuming just bead some silicone on the inside and outside of the hull and call it watertight?

once the power supply is hooked up, looks like the lone deutsch there connects to the plug on the actuator cable hookup?

does it matter how you connect the two cable terminals to the black box controller?

DCF634C3-E2B0-4D47-A2F4-C12E11F13AB8.jpeg

Silicon the crap out of the wires going through the hull!  I even hit the inside as well.   You are right with the plugs.....left to left..right to right and remaining plug goes to the controller you mounted under the throttle.  

Mrwick    65
27 minutes ago, bomoseen avy said:

Out of curiosity, why is there a GPS on this thing?

The gps is to insure that you don’t forget to retract the tabs when you decide to go faster than 17mph....it will auto retract them.   If you use the app.....it will display your speed via gps.   It is mainly for the launch option which deploys the tabs to help you get up on plane......

bomoseen avy    45

Sorry to belabor the point but I know literally nothing about wiring. Took another look under the dash tonight. Below the common ground bus block previously pictured I found this under a red rubber cap (circled in green.) is this also for a ground? 

9C3A3142-A276-4454-B43F-A3C2842D2896.jpeg

Mrwick    65
7 hours ago, bomoseen avy said:

And is this the accessory power block? OK to take the black cover off?

791F8B73-8519-48F5-AC84-EFFED8F8C3E0.jpeg

That’s the breaker box for you switches/circuits. 

Mrwick    65

Sorry to belabor the point but I know literally nothing about wiring. Took another look under the dash tonight. Below the common ground bus block previously pictured I found this under a red rubber cap (circled in green.) is this also for a ground? 

9C3A3142-A276-4454-B43F-A3C2842D2896.jpeg

So....that looks like the switched power terminal on my Supreme.   If you have a test light or multimeter,  check to see if it has power when the key is on/off.  Also, you need to validate that the common ground terminal is really ground.... the reason I say that is I see one red wire attached to the block.   It’s better to be sure.   Do any of the wires from the circled terminal run to the presumed ground block?  If the answer is no, then I would guess that the circled lug is hot.  Keep us posted on your findings.

Mrwick    65

On my supreme, I hooked the common ground for the GSA to the ground block and hooked up the power wire to the keyswitch to lug.  This means that whenever the keyswitch has power the GSA is on/powered.  If this is desirable for you, it looks to me like you found the ground and the power. Just be sure to check with the meter

bomoseen avy    45

Sweet! The circled lug in the previous picture is power!! With the perko in position 1+2 it has power with key in all positions (acc/off/on.) None of the wires from the hot lug run to the presumed ground bus. (That red to the ground bus was spiced to the stereo switch on the console by the throttle.)

bomoseen avy    45

So the only other issue is the loop from the GSA ground wire is much bigger than the screws on the ground bus. Did u have that on yours? Do I just pick up a smaller loop and replace the current one?

22F6FBC8-9322-465D-B774-C008539808DC.jpeg

Mrwick    65

So the only other issue is the loop from the GSA ground wire is much bigger than the screws on the ground bus. Did u have that on yours? Do I just pick up a smaller loop and replace the current one?

22F6FBC8-9322-465D-B774-C008539808DC.jpeg

My ground buss was full so I removed one of the end screws/wires and put the big eyelet of the GSA under smaller eyelet using it as you use a washer.  It works fine, but the proper thing to do would be to change out the large eyelet for the proper sized one.  Either way works.  It just depends on if you want to impress people with perfect wiring under the dash....lol

bomoseen avy    45

Again thanks for all the help!! I'm not interested in style points as long as function is good!!

I really appreciate all your input:thumbup:

Shaka    146

Earlier in this thread I mentioned that I designed a plate based on a Centurion design that is currently on Supreme boats. They are not exactly the same but look similar. I didn't want to make Centurion mad by completely ripping off their design thus the changes. The brackets have two horizontal positions as well as five mounting holes for adjustment. I also lopped a few inches of the inside portion of the plate that is next to the boat. This makes mounting on narrow beam boats easier. My boat isn't ready yet so I tripped out to Lake Nacimiento in CA and put them on a buddies Malibu VTX. We wanted to see how they would work on a flatter bottom boat. We mounted them on a slight angle so that water gets diverted to the outside of the wake similar to what the water diversiion fins do on the GSA.

Now the VTX is a 20ft crossover boat designed for skiing and wakeboarding. It isn't a great boat for either of those and it definitely isn't a good surf boat. However, these tabs made a huge difference and the thing was putting out a very respectable wave. The owner of the boat has a lot of experience with surf gates and he was shocked how well the tabs worked and the 1000 less RPMs vs surf gates.

The owner brought the boat out to Utah to sell last weekend and he took some of my buddies out on Sand Hollow. The tabs got rave reviews. We may make a few additional sets  if anyone wants them.

Nick213    583

Nice @Shaka, let me know the next time your headed to Nacmiento that's my go to lake!