Mrwick    60
25 minutes ago, bomoseen avy said:

Overall feel like I made good progress today. Couple questions for those who have done the install: 

my actuator wires enter away from the upper mounting bracket. I’m assuming just bead some silicone on the inside and outside of the hull and call it watertight?

once the power supply is hooked up, looks like the lone deutsch there connects to the plug on the actuator cable hookup?

does it matter how you connect the two cable terminals to the black box controller?

DCF634C3-E2B0-4D47-A2F4-C12E11F13AB8.jpeg

Silicon the crap out of the wires going through the hull!  I even hit the inside as well.   You are right with the plugs.....left to left..right to right and remaining plug goes to the controller you mounted under the throttle.  

Mrwick    60
27 minutes ago, bomoseen avy said:

Out of curiosity, why is there a GPS on this thing?

The gps is to insure that you don’t forget to retract the tabs when you decide to go faster than 17mph....it will auto retract them.   If you use the app.....it will display your speed via gps.   It is mainly for the launch option which deploys the tabs to help you get up on plane......

bomoseen avy    34

Awesome!! Much appreciated! Now the GPS makes sense...

bomoseen avy    34

Sorry to belabor the point but I know literally nothing about wiring. Took another look under the dash tonight. Below the common ground bus block previously pictured I found this under a red rubber cap (circled in green.) is this also for a ground? 

9C3A3142-A276-4454-B43F-A3C2842D2896.jpeg

bomoseen avy    34

And is this the accessory power block? OK to take the black cover off?

791F8B73-8519-48F5-AC84-EFFED8F8C3E0.jpeg

Mrwick    60
7 hours ago, bomoseen avy said:

And is this the accessory power block? OK to take the black cover off?

791F8B73-8519-48F5-AC84-EFFED8F8C3E0.jpeg

That’s the breaker box for you switches/circuits. 

Mrwick    60

Sorry to belabor the point but I know literally nothing about wiring. Took another look under the dash tonight. Below the common ground bus block previously pictured I found this under a red rubber cap (circled in green.) is this also for a ground? 

9C3A3142-A276-4454-B43F-A3C2842D2896.jpeg

So....that looks like the switched power terminal on my Supreme.   If you have a test light or multimeter,  check to see if it has power when the key is on/off.  Also, you need to validate that the common ground terminal is really ground.... the reason I say that is I see one red wire attached to the block.   It’s better to be sure.   Do any of the wires from the circled terminal run to the presumed ground block?  If the answer is no, then I would guess that the circled lug is hot.  Keep us posted on your findings.

Mrwick    60

On my supreme, I hooked the common ground for the GSA to the ground block and hooked up the power wire to the keyswitch to lug.  This means that whenever the keyswitch has power the GSA is on/powered.  If this is desirable for you, it looks to me like you found the ground and the power. Just be sure to check with the meter

bomoseen avy    34

You bet. I will check it tonight. Thanks for all the help!!

• Thanks 1

bomoseen avy    34

Sweet! The circled lug in the previous picture is power!! With the perko in position 1+2 it has power with key in all positions (acc/off/on.) None of the wires from the hot lug run to the presumed ground bus. (That red to the ground bus was spiced to the stereo switch on the console by the throttle.)

bomoseen avy    34

So the only other issue is the loop from the GSA ground wire is much bigger than the screws on the ground bus. Did u have that on yours? Do I just pick up a smaller loop and replace the current one?

22F6FBC8-9322-465D-B774-C008539808DC.jpeg

Mrwick    60

So the only other issue is the loop from the GSA ground wire is much bigger than the screws on the ground bus. Did u have that on yours? Do I just pick up a smaller loop and replace the current one?

22F6FBC8-9322-465D-B774-C008539808DC.jpeg

My ground buss was full so I removed one of the end screws/wires and put the big eyelet of the GSA under smaller eyelet using it as you use a washer.  It works fine, but the proper thing to do would be to change out the large eyelet for the proper sized one.  Either way works.  It just depends on if you want to impress people with perfect wiring under the dash....lol

bomoseen avy    34

Again thanks for all the help!! I'm not interested in style points as long as function is good!!

I really appreciate all your input:thumbup:

• Thanks 1

Shaka    137

Earlier in this thread I mentioned that I designed a plate based on a Centurion design that is currently on Supreme boats. They are not exactly the same but look similar. I didn't want to make Centurion mad by completely ripping off their design thus the changes. The brackets have two horizontal positions as well as five mounting holes for adjustment. I also lopped a few inches of the inside portion of the plate that is next to the boat. This makes mounting on narrow beam boats easier. My boat isn't ready yet so I tripped out to Lake Nacimiento in CA and put them on a buddies Malibu VTX. We wanted to see how they would work on a flatter bottom boat. We mounted them on a slight angle so that water gets diverted to the outside of the wake similar to what the water diversiion fins do on the GSA.

Now the VTX is a 20ft crossover boat designed for skiing and wakeboarding. It isn't a great boat for either of those and it definitely isn't a good surf boat. However, these tabs made a huge difference and the thing was putting out a very respectable wave. The owner of the boat has a lot of experience with surf gates and he was shocked how well the tabs worked and the 1000 less RPMs vs surf gates.

The owner brought the boat out to Utah to sell last weekend and he took some of my buddies out on Sand Hollow. The tabs got rave reviews. We may make a few additional sets  if anyone wants them.

Nick213    565

Nice @Shaka, let me know the next time your headed to Nacmiento that's my go to lake!

Shaka    137
12 minutes ago, Nick213 said:

Nice @Shaka, let me know the next time your headed to Nacmiento that's my go to lake!

Might be a while. I have a buddy that lives right on it. Love that lake.

Mrwick    60
On 4/25/2018 at 1:53 PM, Shaka said:

Earlier in this thread I mentioned that I designed a plate based on a Centurion design that is currently on Supreme boats. They are not exactly the same but look similar. I didn't want to make Centurion mad by completely ripping off their design thus the changes. The brackets have two horizontal positions as well as five mounting holes for adjustment. I also lopped a few inches of the inside portion of the plate that is next to the boat. This makes mounting on narrow beam boats easier. My boat isn't ready yet so I tripped out to Lake Nacimiento in CA and put them on a buddies Malibu VTX. We wanted to see how they would work on a flatter bottom boat. We mounted them on a slight angle so that water gets diverted to the outside of the wake similar to what the water diversiion fins do on the GSA.

Now the VTX is a 20ft crossover boat designed for skiing and wakeboarding. It isn't a great boat for either of those and it definitely isn't a good surf boat. However, these tabs made a huge difference and the thing was putting out a very respectable wave. The owner of the boat has a lot of experience with surf gates and he was shocked how well the tabs worked and the 1000 less RPMs vs surf gates.

The owner brought the boat out to Utah to sell last weekend and he took some of my buddies out on Sand Hollow. The tabs got rave reviews. We may make a few additional sets  if anyone wants them.

Very nice👍

Hein    41
Posted (edited)

Would like to see an update to this thread with some wave photos and/or video.

Same for Shaka's implementation.

Edited by Hein

Shaka    137

Mine is coming. Been working on a prototype switching system.

• Like 1

bomoseen avy    34

Mine too. I've had a bit of a hiatus as boat is off to be summerized. Hoping to get it back anyday now.

I did power up after install and although unit faceplate responded appropriately, no tab movement. When I get the boat back I've got to check all my connectors and go from there...

bomoseen avy    34

So I got the boat back yesterday. I rechecked my Deutsch connectors and found the lines  from the actuators we’re not sitting firmly in the harness.  Firmed those up and the system works fine!

Got most of my lead out and put  280 pounds evenly distributed in the bow  and 160 pounds in each back end of the rear lockers.  Filled both QuickFill, both rear lockers, and both mid boat PNPs. PP at  anywhere from 10.8 to 11.4. Ended up running the wake tab all the way down at 100 to keep the bow down.  Air temperature in the mid 60s And water temp here in Vermont also low so I didn’t stay out very long. Got one ride in. Initial thoughts:

No spray with FAE on either side. That was a relief to see as I was worried about the goofy side. 

Goofy wave looked spectacular. I am a regular surfer so didn’t spend any time over there but very easy to get compared to the listed or suck gate wave.

Regular wave not the typical beefy hi wave I’m used to with either listed or suck gate set up. It was a bit windy out so there was chop and I only had approximately 320 pounds of crew  with my two kids.  Slowed the speed down a little bit and the wave got taller but squatty. Messed around with the tab a little bit and similar effect.

Didn’t seem like too much weight for the engine so I have a couple more lead bags and I’m gonna put in the port rear locker corner. I may then empty starboard PNP a bit next. Based on Mrwick’s  experience I may then change the tab angle to see if that helps.  Also probably reach out to Ryan next week after the holiday. Any other experience is  greatly appreciated. I’ll try and take some pics and video next time out. 

• Like 2
  • Like 1

Mrwick    60

Seems like your first outing was similar to mine.....keep working at it!

bomoseen avy    34

Got back from work tonight and moved  lead around a little bit. Put 280 pounds in the rear port locker, 200 pounds in the rear starboard locker and left 240 pounds in the bow.  I then filled all my ballast up; both QuickFill’s, both rear lockers, and both mid lockers. Speed at 11 tab mostly ran all the way down especially for the goofy side. Lake calmer without as much chop compared to my other outing.  It seemed that the best set up was draining about half the weight out of the starboard mid boat ballast bag with that set up here are my regular and goofy waves

7FAF795F-3DCE-4DD0-91C8-33CB28D678F5.jpeg

4FE23E49-BA72-4F30-9CED-88CC9DD67F1B.jpeg

• Like 2

bomoseen avy    34

A little bit too late at night and too cold to ride but hopefully I’ll get behind the boat relatively soon and post my thoughts 

Mrwick    60

Looks pretty fair!