Sign in to follow this  
luluzer

CATS question

luluzer    50

Hey crew, my buddy was saying today that centurion was discontuning CATS starting with the 2018 models?  

I had not heard that yet and was wondering if true

NW Boat Sports    232

CATS is still an option. With the new Opti-V hull, CATS isn't really needed but if you are one of those guys who likes to tweak, then yes you can use CATS to tweak your surf, wakeboard and running attitude of the boat.

luluzer    50
2 minutes ago, NW Boat Sports said:

CATS is still an option. With the new Opti-V hull, CATS isn't really needed but if you are one of those guys who likes to tweak, then yes you can use CATS to tweak your surf, wakeboard and running attitude of the boat.

I guess i heard that maybe . . . regardless, thanks for the clarification @NW Boat Sports.

@Blackcrowwhite

Darkside    248

CATS is a box I would definitely check.   First it is nice in wave tuning, but if you wakeboard, never having to move crew around, to balance the wake is great.   Plus if you are beginners it allows you to clean one side at a time at ANY speed.   

Then there is resale, anyone who is used to having CATS will likely pass on any boat without it.  (I know I am in that category)

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Fivebar2    176

in addition: when you are just cruising you can completely level your boat without worrying about where people are sitting etc. totally worth checking the box.

• Like 1

h20king    794

I felt it was important so I checked the box. The extra cost is not much  we skipped on the clamping board racks that won't fit my boards with agenda traction and that covered the cost of cats.

luluzer    50

My buddy said he was under the impression he had CATS on his new 2018 but the sales rep said it was no longer available as an option?  Maybe its just a misunderstanding but discontinuing CATS made no sense to me since it has such a big effect on my wave and running attitude. But I only have a 217 and do not have the new optiV hull so i wanted to see if what he was hearing was true.

Thanks all for clarifying - sounds like my buddy better make sure his boat has the fin underneath if he thought he paid for that option. 

InfinitySurf    302

CATS is definitely an option for 2018. Either salesman does not know or something else is going on, but it is available for sure. I personally rarely use CATS on my 2014 boat as I get an awesome wave without messing with it and have not noticed much of a difference when I do play with it, but its possible that its cause I use the Nauticurl suck gate and not listing or using QuickSurf.

Gdmatson    25

Just took possession of our 2018 Ri237 delivered last week with Cats.

luluzer    50
3 hours ago, Gdmatson said:

Just took possession of our 2018 Ri237 delivered last week with Cats.

Congratulations Gdmatson!!

• Like 1

Spolk69    32

My 2018 257 has it and I use it all the time to level boat when cruising around. Definitely changes the surf wave when used too. Great option.