Sign in to follow this  
Ddhockett

SV233 Bow Ballast

Ddhockett    0

Does anyone know where I can buy a bow bag for my SV233? I’ve looked all over the internet and can’t even find a picture of a factory bag. Am I missing something?

InfinitySurf    302

WakeMakers has a u-shaped 500lb bow bag that goes under seats....you can pull some measurements. It similar to the one that I have under seats in bow of my SV244. Mine was different brand when I bought it, if you call them they should know if it will fit or not. I was looking at their bags the other day, cost is $259.00. You can usually find a coupon code for ballast bags thru them.

https://www.wakemakers.com/straight-line-sumo-open-bow-bag-500.html

Hein    63

That's the bag we have in the front on our SV230.  Our fill pump is in the back and I added two through hull fittings to vent and drain it. We run all our bags mostly full.

InfinitySurf    302

My reversible pump for bow bag is in engine area also....fill line runs to front and then Y's so it fills on both sides with 1 thru-hull but only take a few mins to fill. Then 2 vents at front top, that go out the hull on bow, 1 on each side. Mine came with that option already plumbed from the factory. It operates from touchscreen.

I was actually wondering if the 750lb might fit in bow of my SV244....anyone know or have anything bigger than the 500? I add 300lbs of lead to bow for it to be perfect, so getting a 750 up there would be nice even if it did not completely fill, I should call them and ask about that myself too.

Added PnP bags to transom and had to run manual switches cause 2014 had a glitch where you can run Ramfill OR PnP thru touchscreen, but not both at same time. Think that was fixed in 2015+ and they did not want to spend the money for software fix on the 2014. Not a big deal to me tho, only thing about it that is a downer is no fill times....but I run them till it pee's out sides anyway.

Ddhockett    0

@InfinitySurf I talked to wakemakers yesterday, they said the 500lb bag was the biggest they recommended for my boat. They said the 750 would end up popping the seat cushions up but yours may be bigger up front than mine is. Thanks @Hein!

InfinitySurf    302
Just now, Ddhockett said:

@InfinitySurf I talked to wakemakers yesterday, they said the 500lb bag was the biggest they recommended for my boat. They said the 750 would end up popping the seat cushions up but yours may be bigger up front than mine is. Thanks @Hein!

Cool, thanks man. I figured that was case, the thing that compounds it is that under bow all angles toward seats...so to get as much water in the 500lb as possible, I usually pull a seat and massage the bag as its filling to get all air out and so it does not "slump" down.

I may try the 750 and then figure out where I need to set timer just before it starts popping the seats.

• Like 1