Jdills1371    1

Hey guys. New member. Just picked up my first 2000 Centurion eclipse with an scorpion 330hp motor this past Tuesday. 

Every afternoon after I got home from work I would take the family out and everything was good. Today we took off about 11. Everything was good and then all of a sudden I started losing all electrical. Would have no power to anything. It would kick off and right back on again. Decided to head to the house and 30 seconds after starting up, I lost all power and it never returned. Got a tow to the closest boat access and messed with it for about an hour. I have checked all my fuses(that I could find), breakers, battery connections, connections behind the switch, connections at the starter. Couldn’t figure it out so I towed it home. 

After getting home I rechecked my connections again. Tried to bypass the fuse at the starter to see if it was bad. Still nothing. I have had the battery on charge for about 6 hours now. Just walked out to the boat, clicked over the ignition and nothing. No power to the dash, starter, anything. 

What am I missing??? Oh also. I also cannot get my main reset breaker on the motor to reset. It’s like it’s froze open and won’t let me press it down. 

Thanks 

RhuntIII    555

Check the safety kill switch, get yourself a volt meter and start tracing the voltage from the battery, if the meter has a continuity setting you will be able to check the fuses as well. Are you sure that the main in stuck in the open position?

Shaka    146

Good advice above. Start with the safety kill switch. Then move to the circuit breakers. Some boats have one others have two. This red button is typically at the front of the engine.

Start with battery voltage is________?    

Then move as others have stated to the same voltage can be tracked at the starter big terminal?

When you try to start the boat does the small terminal from the key show 12 volts at the starter?  

Do you have the same voltage at the ACC terminal on the ignition switch?

Verify continuity thru the kill switch and the breaker near the engine?

Report back when you can answer these questions with voltages not just telling us the test light lights up.

Edited by Dieselbreath

Wylie_Tunes    146

My guess is alternator died. check and charge the batteries then you will need to start it up and test the alternator output.

Jdills1371    1

Thanks for the replies. Got myself a volt meter today and started at the battery. Made it back to the 50 amp breaker on the motor. Hot coming in, nothing coming out. I disconnected the breaker, cut my switch on and flipped my blower, bilge and acc on(radio). Pinched the 2 wires together and everything came on. I’m going tomorrow to get a new breaker. Gonna install, put in the water and give her a shot. 

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555
2 hours ago, Jdills1371 said:

Thanks for the replies. Got myself a volt meter today and started at the battery. Made it back to the 50 amp breaker on the motor. Hot coming in, nothing coming out. I disconnected the breaker, cut my switch on and flipped my blower, bilge and acc on(radio). Pinched the 2 wires together and everything came on. I’m going tomorrow to get a new breaker. Gonna install, put in the water and give her a shot. 

Excellent. Keep us posted and stick around the site, there good fun here when not on the water.