Sign in to follow this  
tpost

Ri237 head unit issues

tpost    0

Recently picked up a brand new leftover 2017 ri237. Had the boat out twice now and the Bluetooth randomly disconnects every 10-30 minutes. It disconnects then reconnects about 10 seconds later, resets the volume, and sometimes starts playing again. Boat only has 7 hours on it.

Anyone had these issues before? Had stereo issues on my previous boat and not starting off that great with this Ri.

Jake707    171

This is the first I have heard of any issues with Tech on the Ri   you might want to take it to the dealer if close by maybe it just needs a new software flash update?

wheels    151

Software update won’t have anything to do with the stereo. I would start looking for loose wires at the stereo under the glove box. 

Any chance you have a Google pixel? My 18 fi does this as well and I read somewhere that it was pixel specific. I need to try another phone to be sure.

tpost    0

I do have a pixel 2 xl... I hope that isn't the issue since I love the phone.

49faith    4

For what it's worth, my S21 with the Clarion head unit also does this with my Pixel 2 XL. Same with my wife's Pixel 1 XL. I got to the point where I took an old beat up Galaxy S6 and made it my 'boat phone' just for bluetooth.