Mrwick    60
19 hours ago, InfinitySurf said:

I don't know on your specific boat, but on my SV244, the #1433 or #1847 is perfect. Both props are 14x14.25....just different cup on the 2 props (.105 vs .105). I get all the low end torque I need/want....and still get 40mph at WOT @ 5600rpm.

Infinity, what engine do you have in your SV???   343 or 409?

InfinitySurf    211

11 hours ago, Mrwick said:

Well I pulled the trigger on the 1847 (14 x 14.25 .150 cup).  Hope that wakes up my launch while surfing but doesn’t twist the motor to tight while wakeboarding and skiing    We will see.   I went with Nettles in Austin.......

I have the ZR409 engine. 

Nice thing about Nettles...when you buy a new prop there, they give you a $50off coupon if you ever need a repair done on prop.

Mrwick    60

I’m crossing my fingers that going from a 15.5 pitch to a 14.25 pitch solves my issues

• Like 1

Mrwick    60
Posted (edited)

My little 330 Indmar needs all the help it can get...lol

Edited by Mrwick

Mrwick    60

The 1847 is on and it helped a bunch getting up to speed.   It performed well while pulling a skier as well... 27 mph was 3500 rpm......I am still left wondering what the 14 x 13.75 would have done for me🤔

InfinitySurf    211
Just now, Mrwick said:

The 1847 is on and it helped a bunch getting up to speed.   It performed well while pulling a skier as well... 27 mph was 3500 rpm......I am still left wondering what the 14 x 13.75 would have done for me🤔

Sweet! The 13.75 in pitch should give you more low end torque and if they tweaked the cup properly....you probably would not lose much on the top end which from what I understand, cup has the most effect as higher speeds. Likely it would raise rpm a little bit, tho I doubt it would be much.

I will say tho that I use the 1847 and the 1433, which are both the same size @ 14x14.25....but cup is different @ .105 and .150 and I do not notice much difference between the 2 props tho I have NOT done a "back to back" comparison with them while specifically noting rpm's and other exact info at different speeds. Just my butt dyno. Both have great low end and do not struggle with weight at all and hit right at 40mph WOT (5600 on my ZR409 engine with my SV244) and cruise at 30mph @ 4000rpm.