InfinitySurf    211
3 hours ago, Mrwick said:

How did he Supra stack up to you rig?  Did you have boat envy?  Lol

I was a very nice wave and boat, no doubt about it, also has the super charged engine...may have had a little envy there altho I really don't need anything bigger than what I have now, just sounds cool to have the SC engine B). The engine was WAY louder than mine, you cannot hardly hear my engine (we both have FAE), sure a lot of that is the engine compartment insulation tho. For ballast, he had 1000lbs of lead plus full ballast, roughly 4500lbs. It was equal to my wave in height and had great push, but my wave is longer and I can get further back...drive up wave and get my airs. Wasn't really a fair comparison to be honest cause conditions sucked today and I am also rusty since it was only my 2nd run of the year. I will be going out with them a lot more this summer. I should get in a few hundred hours this summer between my boat, the guy I ride with every Weds and several others that I have met and will be riding with this year. I am only Centurion, friends have Malibu, Supra, Nautique, Mastercraft and Moomba.....nice to get some of every type of wave to make my skills better rounded. I really wanna add GSA to my boat so I can get better at transfers, gonna figure out a way to make that happen.

• Haha 1

Mrwick    60

FYI to any GSA customers that Ryan’s email got hacked this weekend and there are people trolling with his email as we speak.........😡

Mrwick    60

I finally got on the water today to try out my GSA........I filled all my ballast and my 226 struggled to get to 11 mph.   The wave  was ok, but not great ☹️......I did wat Ryan said and I didn’t put my lead in the rear lockers.   I think that is part of my problem..... I also think the next time out, I will take off my stinger center tab and just use the small stock tab.  The stinger really keeps the boat up out of the water.   Oh, the learning curve begins!    

InfinitySurf    211

Is your prop right for the extra weight you got in boat....perhaps some weight in bow to help it get too speed so its not so rear heavy may help and should give you some length too. If struggling to get to 11mph, my first thot would be prop. Sure you have already thot of that tho. Perhaps you try getting up to speed using all 3 tabs down (like quick launch).....and then engage the surf mode. Just ideas. Sure you will figure it out

Shaka    137

Agree, get the nose down a bit with some extra weight. You can also let a little water out of the non-surf side sack. This will give you a slight list but that's ok.

Mrwick    60

Changing props is one option that I had thought about .......I moved all my lead to the front and that helped to get to speed, but the wave still didn’t shape up.   I ended up dropping all my center hard tank ballast along with off side under seat weight.  Also moved all my lead to the rear surf side of the cockpit.  This shaped up the wave to the level of an average listed wave.  On my next outing, I will start by removing my stinger tab.  I will also distribute all but 200 lbs of my lead to the rear corners of each rear locker.  Fill up rear hard tanks and bags and try it again.....I love a challenge, but I thought this project would be a quick win🤔.  I hate being wrong!

jeepfrk9    7

I’m interested to hear results going back to smaller plate. I’m thinking your boat might get more results from your weight.  

Mrwick    60
5 hours ago, jeepfrk9 said:

I’m interested to hear results going back to smaller plate. I’m thinking your boat might get more results from your weight.  

We will see......

Mrwick    60

I am posting a pre-test summary of what Ryan from GSA wants to try to improve my wave....1) remove stinger wake plate.   2) equally divide my lead and stuff it against the rear of the rear lockers.   3) change pin in holes in tabs to decrease overall deployment of tab.  ( my current deployment angle is too much for a vbottom boat).   I made the changes and will try it out Thursday!   I was happy to hear that his suggestions were nearly identical to what I was going to try😊

• Like 1

bomoseen avy    34

Good luck and fingers crossed!! Keep us posted...

Mrwick    60
Posted (edited)

Finally an update!  After having my daughter ride for about an hour, and several weight adjustments, I got the wave to a point where I thought it looked pretty good.  It’s hard to get great feedback from a 13 year old girl!  Then I gave it a try.........holy smokes......the wave was as tall as my listed wave with a stupid amount of push!  I was on the brakes all the time!

002A035A-08D0-4D85-A702-C211E3AFC4FC.jpeg

Edited by Mrwick

Mrwick    60

There is still dialing to do, but I was getting the best results with the GSA tab being deployed at about only 4 degrees down....also it doesn’t like front weight.  I ended up moving the kids out of the bow and speeding up to 11.8 for wave length.   

bomoseen avy    34

Glad to hear you have success!! Sounds like you are happy with the investment!?!

Mrwick    60
3 hours ago, bomoseen avy said:

Glad to hear you have success!! Sounds like you are happy with the investment!?!

Regular wave the boat is nice and level, goofy still needs a little list for best results.....worth 4K??????? Not sure yet!!!!

Mrwick    60

I got out last Sunday for a couple of hours and had a crew of 5 adults.  Regular wave was pretty sweet right out of the gate.  Goofy wave took a couple of minutes to dial in but after I drained a little off a little port side ballast it cleaned up good.  With 5 adult crew members, the only water ballast I had filled up we’re my 2 rear 1k sumo sacks.  I also had 400 lbs of lead in each rear locker and 100 lbs of lead in the bow.  Pretty good waves for only 2900 lbs of ballast.......next time out I will post up pics.

InfinitySurf    211

I have heard a lot of people say that GSA tabs work best with the LEAST amount of deployment possible, including the guy I ride with every week on his Malibu 247...and his wave is excellent. He does run almost 5k of ballast on his boat. He has the wave control from wakemakers....auto deploys down to the 12 degrees and then he manually dials it back "4 clicks" on the fine tuning knob. I know the GSA controller is probably a little different and it would be cool if you could "set" the best angle of deployment once you dial in the wave since that is the only downside I can find with this system. Sounds like you are starting to get a wave that you are happy with tho!

This pic was Tuesday night behind his boat, because of the sunset, does not show wave very well but it is excellent, long with a great lip....can easily surf 20-25ft and drive forward on wave for air's and other tricks (tho of course I am still learning how to do everything). I recovered one time that evening from a good 30ft back.

Webp.net-resizeimage (13).jpg

Mrwick    60

I’m guessing by the air it’s a good wave!

InfinitySurf    211

The wave is far better than rider still, I sure try like hell tho :D. I managed to lose my "floating" sunglasses that evening, even with band on, I was trying some transfers and I bite it pretty hard (feet out from under me cause I transferred over too early) and force of water jerked them off and away before I could grab them. I learned an important lesson tho....even if sunglasses float, if they are all black and float, band up (also black), tough luck trying to find them. Thot I was safe, been surfing with them on at least 20 times this year so far, gonna tie an orange ribbon on my other pair so I don't lose them too if they get ripped off with hat kindof force again.

So pumped! Weds morning I take my boat to Lake Norris, TN and will be there surfing with a large group of boats/people till Sun morning, been looking forward to this trip since like Dec, finally almost here!!

• Like 1

Mrwick    60

Uggggg........my launch problem might be due to the 1939 prop on my boat☹️  Need a replacement 

Mrwick    60

I’m all about input on this deal....1433.....1617???????

InfinitySurf    211

I don't know on your specific boat, but on my SV244, the #1433 or #1847 is perfect. Both props are 14x14.25....just different cup on the 2 props (.105 vs .105). I get all the low end torque I need/want....and still get 40mph at WOT @ 5600rpm.

• Like 1

Mrwick    60
10 hours ago, InfinitySurf said:

I don't know on your specific boat, but on my SV244, the #1433 or #1847 is perfect. Both props are 14x14.25....just different cup on the 2 props (.105 vs .105). I get all the low end torque I need/want....and still get 40mph at WOT @ 5600rpm.

Well I pulled the trigger on the 1847 (14 x 14.25 .150 cup).  Hope that wakes up my launch while surfing but doesn’t twist the motor to tight while wakeboarding and skiing    We will see.   I went with Nettles in Austin.......

Mrwick    60
3 minutes ago, bomoseen avy said:

by "launch" do you mean hole shot?

Correct!