InfinitySurf    174
3 hours ago, Mrwick said:

How did he Supra stack up to you rig?  Did you have boat envy?  Lol

I was a very nice wave and boat, no doubt about it, also has the super charged engine...may have had a little envy there altho I really don't need anything bigger than what I have now, just sounds cool to have the SC engine B). The engine was WAY louder than mine, you cannot hardly hear my engine (we both have FAE), sure a lot of that is the engine compartment insulation tho. For ballast, he had 1000lbs of lead plus full ballast, roughly 4500lbs. It was equal to my wave in height and had great push, but my wave is longer and I can get further back...drive up wave and get my airs. Wasn't really a fair comparison to be honest cause conditions sucked today and I am also rusty since it was only my 2nd run of the year. I will be going out with them a lot more this summer. I should get in a few hundred hours this summer between my boat, the guy I ride with every Weds and several others that I have met and will be riding with this year. I am only Centurion, friends have Malibu, Supra, Nautique, Mastercraft and Moomba.....nice to get some of every type of wave to make my skills better rounded. I really wanna add GSA to my boat so I can get better at transfers, gonna figure out a way to make that happen.

• Haha 1

Mrwick    54

FYI to any GSA customers that Ryan’s email got hacked this weekend and there are people trolling with his email as we speak.........😡

Mrwick    54

I finally got on the water today to try out my GSA........I filled all my ballast and my 226 struggled to get to 11 mph.   The wave  was ok, but not great ☹️......I did wat Ryan said and I didn’t put my lead in the rear lockers.   I think that is part of my problem..... I also think the next time out, I will take off my stinger center tab and just use the small stock tab.  The stinger really keeps the boat up out of the water.   Oh, the learning curve begins!    

InfinitySurf    174

Is your prop right for the extra weight you got in boat....perhaps some weight in bow to help it get too speed so its not so rear heavy may help and should give you some length too. If struggling to get to 11mph, my first thot would be prop. Sure you have already thot of that tho. Perhaps you try getting up to speed using all 3 tabs down (like quick launch).....and then engage the surf mode. Just ideas. Sure you will figure it out

Shaka    126

Agree, get the nose down a bit with some extra weight. You can also let a little water out of the non-surf side sack. This will give you a slight list but that's ok.

Mrwick    54

Changing props is one option that I had thought about .......I moved all my lead to the front and that helped to get to speed, but the wave still didn’t shape up.   I ended up dropping all my center hard tank ballast along with off side under seat weight.  Also moved all my lead to the rear surf side of the cockpit.  This shaped up the wave to the level of an average listed wave.  On my next outing, I will start by removing my stinger tab.  I will also distribute all but 200 lbs of my lead to the rear corners of each rear locker.  Fill up rear hard tanks and bags and try it again.....I love a challenge, but I thought this project would be a quick win🤔.  I hate being wrong!

jeepfrk9    7

I’m interested to hear results going back to smaller plate. I’m thinking your boat might get more results from your weight.  

Mrwick    54
5 hours ago, jeepfrk9 said:

I’m interested to hear results going back to smaller plate. I’m thinking your boat might get more results from your weight.  

We will see......

Mrwick    54

I am posting a pre-test summary of what Ryan from GSA wants to try to improve my wave....1) remove stinger wake plate.   2) equally divide my lead and stuff it against the rear of the rear lockers.   3) change pin in holes in tabs to decrease overall deployment of tab.  ( my current deployment angle is too much for a vbottom boat).   I made the changes and will try it out Thursday!   I was happy to hear that his suggestions were nearly identical to what I was going to try😊

• Like 1