Jump to content

Recommended Posts

RhuntIII    548
1 hour ago, Mrwick said:

US8534214.pdf

Heres the cats patient...

Try that again. I see nothing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nick213    560

I believe this is the patent # centurion is paying royalties on to use "CATS".

 

9315236

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mrwick    59
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, RhuntIII said:

Try that again. I see nothing 

Ugggg......sorry☹️

 

 

 

938ED15A-2158-444F-A1C8-6E015146E9CC.png

Edited by Mrwick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RhuntIII    548

Wasn't CATS introduced in the early 2000 if not late 90s?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mrwick    59
10 hours ago, RhuntIII said:

Wasn't CATS introduced in the early 2000 if not late 90s?

 

I know.....I’m not sure what the deal is there with Malibu getting the patient on something that was prior art by Centurion....they must have slipped that one past the patient office!   Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
h20king    772

Centurion let the patent expire and Malibu jumped on it. Not a lot different than everyone using a welded tower paying royalties to Nautique. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RhuntIII    548

Seems like all this patent jumping does is drive up the cost. Silly profitability if you ask me, even more silly to let a patent expire for your competitor to jump on. Wasn't it Mastercraft that had the 4 point boat contact on the tower?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mrwick    59

Controller is mounted and all there is left is to run power and ground and make it go hot!😊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RhuntIII    548
7 hours ago, Mrwick said:

Controller is mounted and all there is left is to run power and ground and make it go hot!😊

Pics bro, pics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mrwick    59
33 minutes ago, RhuntIII said:

Pics bro, pics. 

Lol....their coming!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
h20king    772
On 3/23/2018 at 4:09 AM, RhuntIII said:

Pics bro, pics. 

You love pics of Bros quit begging LOL

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RhuntIII    548
6 hours ago, h20king said:

You love pics of Bros quit begging LOL

Hehehehe, Left that one wide open. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mrwick    59

Done with install.....overall I have about 4 hours invested.....it was a super easy install!  

928161C7-2C0A-492F-95DE-7BC250BEB543.jpeg

495B5E3B-E594-4FB2-AB36-366ACE8C6C58.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
viking    479

SWEET.  Let us know your thoughts after running the system for awhile.

I still think the V and S 226 has a perfect wave listed with no surf system but want your thoughts after using it for a season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Getssum    9
On 4/2/2018 at 8:09 AM, viking said:

SWEET.  Let us know your thoughts after running the system for awhile.

I still think the V and S 226 has a perfect wave listed with no surf system but want your thoughts after using it for a season.

Also am a huge fan of the V and S 226 listed wave. Very interested to see how this turns out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mrwick    59
On 4/2/2018 at 10:09 AM, viking said:

SWEET.  Let us know your thoughts after running the system for awhile.

I still think the V and S 226 has a perfect wave listed with no surf system but want your thoughts after using it for a season.

I agree.... listed wave is about as good as anything out there at it’s price point.  My hope for the GSA is to ease the nerves of my wife when she is towing me.... I like the perfect wave and my constant inputs to her on how to adjust the wave don’t go over well.  If the GSA can at least equal the quality of the listed wave, and be easy to achieve, I’ll consider that a win.  If it makes it better like Ryan says it’s going to, that’s a bonus!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
InfinitySurf    200

The friend I ride with frequently here with the Malibu 247....we have done both ways with his boat. I realize a Malibu wont put out a listed wave like a Centurion since its not deep-V, but he runs 5k lbs of ballast with GSA and wave is very good....comparable to my SV244 with suckgate and almost 5k lbs of ballast and I have an incredible wave, have had 2 pro level riders behind my boat and both said it comp quality (not saying it bigger/better than everyone as I know that is not the case, just that its great)....but guess my point of all this, was to say his listed wave is definitely not as good as GSA wave.

Cant wait to hear what you think about listed vs GSA on your boat since I am very close to pulling trigger on GSA for similar reasons as yours plus a couple others. With all the other upgrades I have done to boat, if I add GSA I will keep it for a few more years since depreciation on my 2014 is going to be minimal over next few years and having modern surf system will give me everything a new boat has except some of the touchscreen options and short of getting a 257 which I do not have room for, it wont get much better. Not enough to justify the extra money anyway. So yes, please let us know as soon as you get too ride it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mrwick    59

Infinity, you and I are on the same page here.....I have just shy of 50k in my boat including the GSA.  It’s not a new ri for sure!  It does only have 130 hours and a very nice wetsounds audio system.  I have 4600lbs of plumbed, hidden ballast and gps speed control.  No factory touchscreen, but my stereo, ballast ,led lighting, and GSA are all controlled by apps on a iPad and/or hardwired switches!  If I have a touch screen issue, I go buy another $300 iPad, plus my weekend isn’t ruined because I have the redundant switches!  I set out to put together a fully functional surf boat that would mimic as close as possible the performance of the new boats but be a fraction of the cost.....I believe I’m getting close, thanks to this forum, and all of you that contribute great ideas and personal experiences! 😊

  • Like 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
InfinitySurf    200
4 minutes ago, Mrwick said:

Infinity, you and I are on the same page here.....I have just shy of 50k in my boat including the GSA.  It’s not a new ri for sure!  It does only have 130 hours and a very nice wetsounds audio system.  I have 4600lbs of plumbed, hidden ballast and gps speed control.  No factory touchscreen, but my stereo, ballast ,led lighting, and GSA are all controlled by apps on a iPad and/or hardwired switches!  If I have a touch screen issue, I go buy another $300 iPad, plus my weekend isn’t ruined because I have the redundant switches!  I set out to put together a fully functional surf boat that would mimic as close as possible the performance of the new boats but be a fraction of the cost.....I believe I’m getting close, thanks to this forum, and all of you that contribute great ideas and personal experiences! 😊

It awesome that you post up the pics of the upgrades you do. Love checking stuff like that out. I try to put up as many pics as I can for the same reason, tho I am not in same league as you when it comes to the ability to do some of the mods. You have a sweet shop!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mrwick    59
1 minute ago, InfinitySurf said:

It awesome that you post up the pics of the upgrades you do. Love checking stuff like that out. I try to put up as many pics as I can for the same reason, tho I am not in same league as you when it comes to the ability to do some of the mods. You have a sweet shop!

Thanks Infinity....I truly appreciate your kind words!  If the snow ever melts, I will be able to report a little feedback on all these crazy mods! Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mrwick    59

This was supposed to be the weekend to put my boat in the water😞-PAXP-deijE.gif-PAXP-deijE.gif  this is what I woke up to!  I love the heartland!

51AD7D8A-66AB-4AA4-B163-56295592F607.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
InfinitySurf    200

That sucks man. We finally got good weather here and went for first ride yesterday afternoon....a friend belongs to boat club and they just got a new WT-2. We went out for a couple hours and while the boat likes to ride VERY bow high, wave was not bad for the boat. Obviously nothing like our sacked boats....but still was not bad. Wave was fairly short, but pretty easy to ride and it would work for someone looking to just get into the sport. There was a quick learning curve to the wave since it has a trough at the transition, so you have to come off wave on back foot or you would pearl the board. Water still chilly here, so I was in full sissy mode....booties, hat and wetsuit (quite comfortable dressed like this). Got a couple pics. Only 1900lbs of ballast in the boat stock, but engine was actually pretty peppy, bet someone could add quite a bit of weight in this boat if they were not at elevation and it would still do ok with the right prop. Sounds like the club is also about to pick up a 25ft, hopefully will get a chance to try that one too. Love checking out all the boats.

Got go go out this afternoon in a sacked out Supra SE450. Full ballast and 1000lbs of lead. Pretty windy and choppy, but nice wave. I did not get any pics on that one. One guy was with us that used to wakeboard pro....he was amazing, flips, barrel rolls and lots of other tricks I dont know names to since I dont do much of that due to injury factor. Great time tho, nice and sunny. The same storm that just hit you is gonna hit us tomorrow

WT2 boat exterior.jpg

WT2 boat interior.jpg

Driving WT2.jpg

WT2 wave.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mrwick    59
3 hours ago, InfinitySurf said:

That sucks man. We finally got good weather here and went for first ride yesterday afternoon....a friend belongs to boat club and they just got a new WT-2. We went out for a couple hours and while the boat likes to ride VERY bow high, wave was not bad for the boat. Obviously nothing like our sacked boats....but still was not bad. Wave was fairly short, but pretty easy to ride and it would work for someone looking to just get into the sport. There was a quick learning curve to the wave since it has a trough at the transition, so you have to come off wave on back foot or you would pearl the board. Water still chilly here, so I was in full sissy mode....booties, hat and wetsuit (quite comfortable dressed like this). Got a couple pics. Only 1900lbs of ballast in the boat stock, but engine was actually pretty peppy, bet someone could add quite a bit of weight in this boat if they were not at elevation and it would still do ok with the right prop. Sounds like the club is also about to pick up a 25ft, hopefully will get a chance to try that one too. Love checking out all the boats.

Got go go out this afternoon in a sacked out Supra SE450. Full ballast and 1000lbs of lead. Pretty windy and choppy, but nice wave. I did not get any pics on that one. One guy was with us that used to wakeboard pro....he was amazing, flips, barrel rolls and lots of other tricks I dont know names to since I dont do much of that due to injury factor. Great time tho, nice and sunny. The same storm that just hit you is gonna hit us tomorrow

WT2 boat exterior.jpg

WT2 boat interior.jpg

Driving WT2.jpg

WT2 wave.jpg

How did he Supra stack up to you rig?  Did you have boat envy?  Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.