Sign in to follow this  
InfinitySurf

Box Anchor on sale

InfinitySurf    302

If anyone needs a box anchor, Overton's is having a good sale and has them for the cheapest I've seen.

$135 for the small box anchor (normally $160 for 18' - 30' boat) plus an additional 15% off with DAYLIGHT promo code. 

https://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Small-Box-Anchor&i=314790&from=grid

Cheers thanks for the heads up.  Been on my amazon wish list for some time now but was waiting till I could get a sale.  DAYLIGHT code didn't work for me but GREEN gave me a additional 10% off.  $125.54 to the door is a killer price.  Thanks

Jake707    171

love my box anchor. This holds like a ton of bricks no matter how many jumps off the swim deck or tower we do in the party cove

carguy79ta    67

wouldn' that get caught up in submerged trees or other debris? there are a lot of that where I boat.

Jake707    171

I could see that happening, the same as any other sharp hinged anchor. If that's the case I would think the only option would be a mushroom type anchor

Nick213    583
2 hours ago, carguy79ta said:

wouldn' that get caught up in submerged trees or other debris? there are a lot of that where I boat.

This has happened to me before with my box anchor. What I had to do was get the boat right over the top of it and yank really hard a few times and it broke free. The anchor came up with a large branch on it. Which any anchor your gonna want the proper rope for it. I did loose a mushroom anchor in my rookie years do to not having a "anchor line" for it.

Bongo Fury    640

Love my box anchor.  I bought the large and its way overkill.    Agree with Nick you need a good anchor line.

InfinitySurf    302

I have the small size for my 24ft boat and its the best anchor I have ever had and why I posted the sale. Wish I had bought mine at that price. The great thing about this anchor is it will hold no matter which way wind is pulling and if it gets stuck real hard, you just get over it, or a little to opposite direction and it will pop right out. Get a strong anchor line for sure!

• Like 1

JJOcean    30

Appreciate the heads up.  It was on my list to replace my mushroom anchor - just waiting for a deal.  Pulled the trigger.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Troy    234

Daylight and green didn't work for me today BUT Spring2018 got me $20 off. 

Ordered and on its way.

Tleeah    33

That is not a bad price.  Get a Danik hook too!!!

Edited by Tleeah
  • Like 1

Nick213    583
1 hour ago, Tleeah said:

That is not a bad price.  Get a Danik hook too!!!

X2 on the Danik hook, since I got that my anchor line hasn't had a single knot tied on it and can be easily adjusted on the fly. Money well spent on both the anchor and hook!

Jlagos    23

Very cool. I wondered how well the box anchor works. Now I know. Ditto on the Dani