Sign in to follow this  
nownow

Ri217 Registration Number Placement

nownow    5

I did a quick search, but couldn't find the exact photos I was looking for...

Where are people with Ri's putting their registration numbers?  I never ordered numbers last fall, so I probably need to get some coming.  I had "domednumbers" on my Malibu and I loved them, so that's the direction I'm going here.  Problem is that for my boat, the decal location (at least above or below the rub rail) dictates color, so I need to give it a little forethought.  I think if I went above the rail I'd do gray to try to squeeze them in the black, and if I went below the rail I'd do black, see photo.

The Ri looks interesting in that it seems all the ridges would mess with placement.  Any thoughts (or better, photos) would be greatly appreciated!  

Thanks!!

Ri217-2a.jpg.84c85057391e19919b25c14537298e85.jpg

Korgae    11

I put mine above the rub rail. As long as the font is close to the centurion font ( I ordered from Dome ) they will blend in and you wont even notice them. 

Fivebar2    176

I put mine below the rub rail on both of the ri’s I’ve owned. They fit perfectly on the flat part right below the rail. I will find a picture in a second and post it.

Fivebar2    176

This is the 257, but I put them in the same place on my 237. They are domed numbers.

Fivebar2    176
2 hours ago, Gdmatson said:

Thanks for the info! 

No problem at all! Enjoy her

• Like 1

nownow    5

Awesome!  Thanks for all the input.  I was sort of leaning toward below as it was - and with the photos I think I'm going to go that route.