-HONCHO-    13

With spring on the horizon and temps rising I've been thinking a lot of what needs to be done to summerize my 2017 S238.  I see numerous write ups on winterizing but none on summerizing,  a lot of people put their boat to bed in the winter turn key for summer but after calling the dealership to get a run down on what they do to summerize and the price they charge I'm a bit sticker shocked. My local dealership wants damn near $700 to change the fuel filter, cap and rotor, and change out the impeller. I'm sure there were a few more things in there but I pretty much tuned out after hearing labor is $170 an hour.  So with that being said, what y'all do to your babies to get ready for boating season?

Wylie_Tunes    146

First thing is to separate regular service and whats needed to get the boat ready for the first run of the season. IMO, I prefer my boats to be turn-key in the spring. Make sure the battery(s) is charged, fire it up on the fake-a-lake prior to heading to the ramp, im good to go. 

Things like plugs wires rotor fall into the maintenance category. May be time to do them, but its not an annual thing unless you put that many hours on the engine. 

Now, what you need to do this spring, has a lot to do with what was or was not done in the fall. 

Lots of worthwhile debate on whether the impeller should be done fall or spring. I see the benefits of putting the impeller in fresh in spring, but I dont think it outweighs doing in the fall when im already working on the boat doing all the other items. 

harlobra    24

Your boat doesn't have a cap and rotor so i would definitely not trust the dealer. $170 per hour could get expensive if they don't know what they are looking for.

Cdifranco    463

What wylie tunes said.. check my batteries, make sure everything is tight that would’ve been loosing during winterization and put it in the water. I usually let it idle for 10-15 minutes at the dock before taking off just in case. All maintenance I need is done during winterization or during the winter