Sign in to follow this  
sdawes

Subwoofer Upgrade (Ri237)

sdawes    19

Decided to upgrade the sub/enclosure in my Ri237 to a ported system with WS REVO 12HP, what a difference! No longer does it sound like a speaker slapping in a panel.

Note the vertical port to the left of the woofer.

Before                                                 After

IMG_0761.JPG.6b72a0a9d44ed1345a29c2f9b55686fd.JPG

20180228_132626.jpg.35adf1027264a29fbc85a10145c1616a.jpg

Combined with the six 8" in-boat speakers and four REV10s on the tower (powered by a WS SYN-DX6 and SYN DX2.3HP), it sounds great!

20180228_133526.jpg.3f50ae90cbdb8307680fd125138cf9aa.jpg

• Like 4
  • Like 1

WakeDoc    471

Sub change looks great, have 4 rev10's so I know what that change is like.

h20king    794

Who did the sub install? Looks great

wheels    151

How do you have the outside rev 10’s mounted?

what did you do with the factory grill? Any chance you want to sell it?

Edited by wheels

sdawes    19

@k20 the sub enclosure was done by Wake Audio in Rancho Cordova, CA

@wheels I used the Wet Sounds TC3 Swivel clamps to mount the outboard REV10s to the forward tower downtube, then ran the wire through the tower. For the sub grill, I traded my roswell amps and the focal sub to my local dealer in exchange for some backrests for the center seat since it wouldn't fit the new configuration. Let me see if they have a use for it.

20180228_133044.jpg.c681d79b57825bc516168851d7cc0831.jpg

Spolk69    32

Is that a XXX 12” sub? And do u have pics of inside? Did u cut the circle into a square to fit box?

sdawes    19

@Spolk69  It is the 12HP sub, I will take some pics from behind the dash for you. Yes, expanded the circle (to a square) to box in the sub and floated a new fiberglass face on the front to accommodate the port. 

DrNate    426

Wow, I have not seen any REVS on any of the new boats, that looks amazing.  The boat is so big that it makes the REV's look small!

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

Excellent, looks awesome and that sub installation is super clean.

Looks like you had a heater tube on the top right of the old sub. What happened to that?

Edited by RhuntIII
More questions

InfinitySurf    302

IMO, Wet Sounds tower speakers are much better than the downfire system. I get the zone thing they are trying to do, but just don't think you need it with the cabin speakers and those REV's are badass and I think they sound better

• Like 1

Nick213    583

@sdawes I'm thinking about contacting them for my install next winter. Looks like they did a excellent job. Only thing is I tend to go over the top on my stereo's and am hoping they have great tuning experience with dsp's because I have used them in my previous builds and feel it's a must.

i can only assume you are completely satisfied with there install and customer service?

NWextreme    2

Sdawes, I’m getting my shop to design a custom sub real similar to yours.  Did you have any pics of the job you can send me? Did you use the factory amp or did you replace it and if so what did you go with?  Thanks in advance for any input!!

h20king    794

Just finished the box for our fi. We are using the same sub. Pulled factory amp and powering with a sinister 6

h20king    794

If I'm not wrong you are doing a sub in a supreme. Here is a pic of our 226 and 238 that we didpost-777-0-86186800-1461687090_thumb.jpgmsg-777-0-80623800-1415333531_thumb.jpgpost-777-0-10388900-1407029608_thumb.jpg

h20king    794

Nevermind got you mixed up with another member.  I see your doing a ri. Just finished the box for my fi but not sure it would help you with the ri