Sign in to follow this  
mrrpfc4

Who’s been surfing this year

mrrpfc4    38

So has anybody made it out surfing yet this winter, these pics were took 20 days ago my buddy and I went out on February 7,  i invited everybody I knew but he was the one crazy enough to go, the air temp is 50° the water temp is 47, we had a great time the only problem is the following week the weather dropped again then I had to re-winterize my whole boat so I wouldn’t have to be have any concerns about freeze up but it was worth it. 

D4AB3807-5A43-4BA1-8073-E546BEADF973.png

58D7B2AA-DD74-4AC4-8635-32604B7F8166.png

9FF4FB8C-2A7E-4811-A581-843F8C9DF60E.png

4AA4CDCB-13B1-4BB6-B41F-C842B08F72E5.png

Edited by mrrpfc4
More pics

Nick213    583

Yep sure have and probably will again next weekend or the following depending on weather. 

I was was wearing a spring suit with 54 degree water temp ❄️

WakeDoc    471

Planing to take a few hits this weekend, will post pics if it happens.

nailem    29

I got out last weekend. Atlanta Supercross this coming weekend!

I don't know how to post pics so you'll just have to believe me.

InfinitySurf    302

I havent cause boat has been at dealer for warranty work. He knows the deadline is end of March since I will be going out in April for sure. Doing a few upgrades to boat too when it gets back including a custom "step" in back seat so vinyl seams don't get messed up again, pulls the stitching loose when it gets stepped on. I think I have an awesome plan and ordered all the materials needed yesterday that will be here in 10 days or less....will see how it turns out. I will post pics once I have it done, I imagine others would be interested in this as it will keep people from stepping on my back seat to get up to transom walk-thru. Under vinyl and inside of foam cut-out....will be some HDPE pieces (about 1/2" lower than foam height), then skin will go on and then I will install another 3/8" piece of HDPE over the vinyl and "suck" it down to the pieces under vinyl so its even with vinyl height. Then I will need to cut a piece of SeaDeck and install it for the step.

Nick213    583

Sounds like a solid mod @InfinitySurf!

Man that seems like a long turn around time  to me especially for this time of year. Mine is scheduled for its service for the last week of March and as always will be done within 72 hours of delivery ? And they don't even sell Centurion. My service shop is extremely busy from march-September because everyone is getting geared up for summer and we live by the ocean so the fisherman are doing the same for salmon all at the same time. I'm permanently on the calendar for the last Monday of every March so I guess that helps with the turnaround time.

WakeDoc    471
2 hours ago, nailem said:

I don't know how to post pics so you'll just have to believe me.

Drag a picture and drop it when in the edit window while making a post or click choose files and select the files you want to add to the post.

Nick213    583

For about $0.08 a day you can help the crew out and post unlimited amount of pictures (of just about anything lol). I've payed my membership since I've been on the sight, it's a drop in the bucket for all the help I've gotten and people I've met over the years.

Edit: oops saw that you are! Awesome it's well worth it!

Edited by Nick213

nailem    29

Nick, I was 1 min too late or you were 1 min to early with your post. Lol

Nick213    583

It's more common then not that people aren't or won't pay the membership and didn't even notice until I posted that @nailem.

nailem    29

I should have done it years ago. It was just funny timing with the cross of our posts.

InfinitySurf    302
13 hours ago, Nick213 said:

Sounds like a solid mod @InfinitySurf!

Man that seems like a long turn around time  to me especially for this time of year. Mine is scheduled for its service for the last week of March and as always will be done within 72 hours of delivery ? And they don't even sell Centurion. My service shop is extremely busy from march-September because everyone is getting geared up for summer and we live by the ocean so the fisherman are doing the same for salmon all at the same time. I'm permanently on the calendar for the last Monday of every March so I guess that helps with the turnaround time.

I agree its taking too long, but the issue on vinyl isn't the dealer, its that we only have 2 good vinyl installers in my area that we know of and they stay slammed. Obviously I don't want just anyone doing my vinyl cause I want it to come out perfect, so its been tough to get that scheduled since all my vinyl is being replaced. Been trying to get it in for last 6 weeks, hopefully by next week it can get in and get started.

DrNate    426

Man, you guys are hardcore.  I feel guilty now bc the air temp is gonna be 85 today and the water temp is probably 67 degrees or so.  I'd still wet suit it!  (Don't judge me, haha)

Tleeah    33

On Feb 3,  at Lake Travis, air temp was 40 degrees and water temp was 52 degrees!! Dang my feet were cold so put on booties.  

FD80817A-0712-43CD-A76E-AB6C3A32FE56.jpeg

mrrpfc4    38
2 hours ago, Tleeah said:

On Feb 3,  at Lake Travis, air temp was 40 degrees and water temp was 52 degrees!! Dang my feet were cold so put on booties.  

FD80817A-0712-43CD-A76E-AB6C3A32FE56.jpeg

Lol, I Feel you, every time we fell we’d get our feet up on the board and Our hands out of the water was quick as possible. 

?

Nick213    583

My feet were freezing when we went. I started my session with a deck start lol

Tleeah    33

When my head went under water, it was like a major brain freeze.  

InfinitySurf    302

I bought a wetsuit hat after I went last time, which was just after Thanksgiving but have not had a chance to try it out yet. I actually ended up wearing a regular snow hat that day cause my head was freezing and surprisingly, it helped a lot. Fell off a few times, but kept me a lot warmer than no hat at all. Riding behind my buddies boat that day.

Webp.net-resizeimage (10).jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage (12).jpg

• Like 1