Sign in to follow this  

Dan gib    8

Looking to fit my typhoon with some underwater led we usually stay out pretty late so think it might be a cool addition. What's everyone using and how many, some of the prices are all over the place. 

Thanks

Wylie_Tunes    146

Like most things, you get what you pay for, or in other words, you pay to play. Higher priced lights tend to be better built and brighter. However, thats not to say that there are not some solid quality budget friendly lights that offer a lot of value. Step one, ignore any and all advertised lumen specs. Next, look into materials used for the housing and lens. Does the light have thermal protection to either cycle it off or roll back the output when it gets hot when the boat is on plane? 

Im not a fan of drain plug lights that either thread into and out of the plug or take the place of the plug. trim/surf tab/wedge interference or shadowing. Same with out drives. On the actual thread in plug lights, likely suffer a harness failure due to the stress of threading them in/out. 

Current draw in 12V DC amps is about the best way to make any comparison of light output. 

For most boats, I prefer a pair of lights. This will yield the best light coverage. 

Higher end lights are going to be the Shadow-Caster or the Liquid Lumen lights. Mid level lights would be the LifeForm or the SeaBlaze X or Quattro series.  

h20king    794

Bang for buck lifefourm 9's are hard to beat.  Go with a set and you will be happy with the results. Keep in mind different colors play a factor of how bright the lights appear to be. White,green then blue will be your brightest colors and in that order 

Dan gib    8
18 minutes ago, h20king said:

Bang for buck lifefourm 9's are hard to beat.  Go with a set and you will be happy with the results. Keep in mind different colors play a factor of how bright the lights appear to be. White,green then blue will be your brightest colors and in that order 

Good info. Maybe I don't want them bad enough but 680$ for a pair how much bang do you get because that's a lot of bucks haha

h20king    794
8 minutes ago, Dan gib said:

Good info. Maybe I don't want them bad enough but 680$ for a pair how much bang do you get because that's a lot of bucks haha

Check out prices on the top lights like shadow caster  lumatec sea blaze X or the liquid lumens lights and you will see the lifefourm lights are fairly priced 

Jake707    171

Plus do you really want to skimp on something that puts a hole in your boat?   Brass is expensive but I wouldn't want to replace my through hull fittings with PVC to save a buck haha.   Like previously stated you gotta pay to play

Dan gib    8
1 minute ago, Jake707 said:

Plus do you really want to skimp on something that puts a hole in your boat?   Brass is expensive but I wouldn't want to replace my through hull fittings with PVC to save a buck haha.   Like previously stated you gotta pay to play

Had a feeling this would come up regardless of the light a small hole is made and a wire passes threw and is sealed with 5200 on likely both sides so I see no difference there.

no chance I see myself buying two leds that cost wat a sick board would cost, these lights seem to be inflated massively IMO

Jake707    171

Very true. I suppose since boating is considered a luxury sport most aftermarket additions would be priced higher      Hell you could get some LED puck lights from IKEA for 19.99 and seal them up haha  Jk

Dan gib    8

Ya I agree with 

13 minutes ago, h20king said:

Check out prices on the top lights like shadow caster  lumatec sea blaze X or the liquid lumens lights and you will see the lifefourm lights are fairly priced 

Ya they are priced right and seem really well constructed, maybe I have sticker shock bc leds usually are very reasonable.

h20king    794

Yeah I get it but keep in mind they are permanently mounted below the water line so you don't want to cheep out on them

• Like 1

Wylie_Tunes    146
1 hour ago, Dan gib said:

The alternative is a light with less light. One that might be made with a cheap plated base that pits in a season or two. cheap plastic lens that leaks or yellows in a season or two. one that has not thermal protection and burns out after running on plan for 30 minutes. 

1 hour ago, Dan gib said:

Had a feeling this would come up regardless of the light a small hole is made and a wire passes threw and is sealed with 5200 on likely both sides so I see no difference there.

no chance I see myself buying two leds that cost wat a sick board would cost, these lights seem to be inflated massively IMO

Dont use 5200, its permanent.

Dan gib    8
20 minutes ago, Wylie_Tunes said:

The alternative is a light with less light. One that might be made with a cheap plated base that pits in a season or two. cheap plastic lens that leaks or yellows in a season or two. one that has not thermal protection and burns out after running on plan for 30 minutes. 

Dont use 5200, its permanent.

whoops 4200 right

Nick213    583

I zip tie glow sticks to my swim platform brackets for $5.00 at the dollar store and you get any color in the rainbow it's gonna take a lot more seasons then the boat will have to add up to what shadowcasters cost. :yahoo:

jk

• Haha 1

RhuntIII    555
8 minutes ago, Nick213 said:

I zip tie glow sticks to my swim platform brackets for $5.00 at the dollar store and you get any color in the rainbow it's gonna take a lot more seasons then the boat will have to add up to what shadowcasters cost. :yahoo:

jk

No you're not. lol

Tleeah    33

I have quite a bit of good and bad experience with underwater LED's.  The lights that work the best over time and have good light output is Lumitec underwater lights.  This company specializes in underwater LED's and have perfected their product over the years.  I prefer the Seablaze 3 over the Seablaze X.  I have had great luck with Attwood underwater LED's.

Now on the color.  I prefer either white or blue.  Watch our for green lights, they attract the heck out of fish.  I put some green LED's on my 09 Centurion, there were so many fish, the kids would not go swimming. 

Below is my FX22 with Attwoods and the houseboat with x4 lumitec seablaze.  We are purchasing the FI 23 and are going with Attwood's again in blue.

CentLED.JPG

Hsebtlights.JPG

Wylie_Tunes    146

May want to clarify which attwoods, as they offer at least 4 models. The lowest price point models are disappointing. Id pass the 6 and right for the 12. But then its width may come into play on some transoms. 

Dan gib    8

I was looking at the atwood and wondered how they were. they are 1/4-1/3 less. MORE BEER MONEY

Tleeah    33

The above picture is 2 of the 6 bulb in a straight line.  They pretty bright.  They are about $220-250 per light.  

41A61DDA-B516-4AE8-B513-FE69A14EB35A.png

h20king    794

I went with the lifefourm 9's on our fi in my opinion they are a better product then the Attwood 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..