Sign in to follow this  
djs758

Proflight Swoop takeoff - Any interest?

djs758    1

Anyone have an interest in a factory Centurion ProFlight Swoop tower off an 04 Avalanche?

I pulled my tower off today to send out to powder coat and am now considering going a different route and getting a new tower entirely.

It's in pretty good condition brushed aluminum, has all the hardware and I have a factory bimini top that can go along with it. The bimini canvas is yellow, would probably get you through a season but is ready to be replaced, we had to sew up a rip in the middle of it last season.  
Tower is about 84" at the bottom.

I've seen these towers anywhere from $850 to $2,500 without the bimini. I think $850 is a fair price.

DM me if interested. Located in Chandler, Az.  

Edited by djs758

djs758    1

Nevermind.....

After researching a ton of aftermarket towers... I think i'm better off keeping the Proflight. 

namadio    0
On 2/19/2018 at 0:13 PM, djs758 said:

Nevermind.....

After researching a ton of aftermarket towers... I think i'm better off keeping the Proflight. 

Did you end up keeping the factory tower?  If so, how hard was it to put back on.  Mine has slowly filled with water over the years and froze out a few years back.  I had it welded but its ugly (only took off top part not whole thing to do that).  I also installed a bimini in a terrible way drilling into it when I was younger.  I've thought about take the whole thing off, patching all holes, cleaning up the weld, and having it re-powder coated.

How much did powder coating run you?  I have heard that cheap alternatives are rustoleum metal appliance paint and metal fence paint.