Brinkleyt

Is this a good deal

Brinkleyt    3

Looking at an 05 Elite V that I believe has the storm III package and also has lightning sticker on the side.  Has 600 hours, 3 ballasts, kicker sub, 2nd battery with switch, perfect pass and trim tab.  Just wondering if this boat is worth $22k with dual axle trailer, and do any of you guys know if it will throw a nice wake?  Everything works on the boat and its in good condition for the year.

DrNate    426

A quick look up of the NADA value (I assumed it was the Elite V C4) shows average retail (with tandem axle trailer) to be $25,900 and low retail to be $22,700.  So I'd say it's a good deal.  Might offer $21 just for kicks and see if that buys it.  

The Elite V is a little finicky on the wakeboarding wake but will be decent and the surf wave is decent also, just requires a lot of weight.

Jake707    171

Can someone confirm if 05 is the same hull design as the Avalanche or if it still has the spray pockets cut out? OP do you have any pictures?

Not sure your location as that plays a key role as well but here in NorCal that boat would be mid to upper 20s all day assuming its the C4 wrap around seating. If it is the walk through transom knockoff 20% at least.

My elite throws out a nice beginner - intermediate wake I would say and I use a home made suckgate, well I got a nauticurl over the winter but haven't used it yet but it should be as good or better as my home made version.  Weight wise I had 750s in the rear and a fatsac bow sac under the bow seats that I think is another 350-500, plus a crew of usually 4-6. I replaced the port side with an 1100 since that's all of my crew is regular.

BoardCo    110

It is the same hull as an Avalanche. Great wakeboard wake if you dial it in right and one of the best surf waves for the price you can possibly get. Definitely a solid boat and that price isn't bad at all on it.

Jake707    171

If that's the case then its a real good deal. Mid 2000s Avys go for 35-40k around here. The elite is about a foot shorter I believe so low 20s seems good.

Nick213    583
9 minutes ago, gravity12 said:

Avy is wider. Isnt it? 

Yep

DrNate    426

Yeah, sorry, I should have been more clear that the NADA prices above I quoted were here where I live in Texas.  Your location could change the value quite a bit, especially in say, California

Jake707    171

Nate you spelled it wrong..... its Commifornia

Edited by Jake707
  • Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

Link does not work, but sounds like a solid deal if boat is in good shape. What area do you live in?

Brinkleyt    3

I'm in Greenville, North Carolina.  I bought it yesterday.  Thanks for all the replies.  I tried to post pictures but they were too large.

gravity12    83

Nice. Hard to find a v drive for that price. You did good. Any pics or the interior and back hull?