Sign in to follow this  
Tleeah

R1 Roswell 6.5's and 8 " cockpit speakers

Tleeah    33

Ok all you stereo experts, I have had really good luck with sound quality with wetsounds 6.5's cockpit speakers.  My new boat will have the Roswell 6.5's installed (with LED lighting) but with the rest of the system as Wetsounds (tower, amps, subwoofer).  I cannot find any reviews on the R1 6.5's but the specs on the speaker look really good.  

I would like to hear opinions/reviews or feedback on sound quality of the Roswells?  I would like to keep if they have a good sound quality, but just do not know yet.     

I plan on installing a zone controller with equalizer to improve sound quality.  

Thoughts?

h20king    794

Rip it out and do all wetsounds that's what we are doing. Will repurpose in something else

• Haha 1

truekaotik    458

You can go all wet sounds from go or, install everything you have and tune it with the Rossell’s. If your not happy, it’s a easy swap out on the Centurions. 

wheels    151

If you’re gonna replace go with 8” speakers while you’re at it. 

Tleeah    33

I agree on replacing with 8 inch speakers.  It will just take additional cutouts.  I like the Wetsounds 8".  Is anyone familiar with ARC speakers?  I have heard some awesome systems with ARC speakers.  

I will tune the system and see how it sounds, then go from there.  

Edited by Tleeah

truekaotik    458

A inboat speaker sits in direct UV light constantly and they get wet from time to time. I would not use a ARC car audio speaker for this application.

Tleeah    33
1 hour ago, truekaotik said:

A inboat speaker sits in direct UV light constantly and they get wet from time to time. I would not use a ARC car audio speaker for this application.

I believe ARC makes marine speakers.  

Edited by Tleeah

Wylie_Tunes    146

Arc has offered the moto series for a number of years. I think they would be suitable for a fresh water trailer boat. However, they just launched a whole bunch of new/revamped speaker lines. One may be more marine built then the existing moto series. I have not taken a close look at them yet, just new they were releasing new stuff along with a new website.