Sign in to follow this  
Tleeah

Purchasing an FI 23

Tleeah    33

Hello Crew,

We have enjoyed surfing our FX 22 for years and it has a killer wave.  However we really like the FI 23 and all it has to offer.  We demoed all the RI boats too and loved all of them all.  It looks like we may pull the trigger!!!

What I liked on the FI:

Price point was better for us

Love the lines and design of the boat, colors

Surf wave versatility was insane.  

Ruff water handing was great

Love the one screen dash

Love the colors, see pics

Fits perfect in our boat slip and lift, about max length 

Last but not least, the family loves the boat

I think the difference for us on the FI vs RI was mainly price, the lines and marina slip fit.  The RI 217 would fit, but really wanted 23-24 ft.  The R 237 would be close to the max for slip and lift.  

I would love to hear everyone's feedback on the FI 23 and from any owners out there.  

Shout out to Ski Dock in Austin!!!  They have been great handling my OCD on boats!!!!

Travis

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_3222.JPG

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_3188.JPG

InfinitySurf    302

I agree, think the FI is gonna be a killer boat and would love to have one myself. Dont think it will disappoint you at all and when I compared the FI to the RI, I pretty much came to the same conclusions and is the direction I would go if I was pulling the trigger this year on new Centurion boat. Personally, I love the purple but know that it will limit some buyers down the road for re-sale...just something to keep in mine.

luluzer    50

I thought i was the only one who OCDed over boats.  Welcome to the site Travis, and enjoy the new ride. Love the colors.

Chexi    35

Saw your boat today at skidock.  Considering one myself (have an sv233).  Please post your impressions.  I hydrofoil 50% of the time and surf the rest, so wakeboard wake is important to me.  Thanks.

scott 

Edited by Chexi

Tleeah    33
4 hours ago, InfinitySurf said:

I agree, think the FI is gonna be a killer boat and would love to have one myself. Dont think it will disappoint you at all and when I compared the FI to the RI, I pretty much came to the same conclusions and is the direction I would go if I was pulling the trigger this year on new Centurion boat. Personally, I love the purple but know that it will limit some buyers down the road for re-sale...just something to keep in mine.

I was concerned about the purple too but it was not too much.  It's a good color combo with black and grey.  

Tleeah    33
1 hour ago, Chexi said:

Saw your boat today at skidock.  Considering one myself (have an sv233).  Please post your impressions.  I hydrofoil 50% of the time and surf the rest, so wakeboard wake is important to me.  Thanks.

scott 

Scott, 

Must have just missed you.  We stopped by the Ski Dock this afternoon.  I will let you know my impressions.  It's a really good ride.  

Travis

h20king    794

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=808414. Just brought ours home yesterday. Can't comment on set up or wake yet but the build quality is outstanding.  It's a big boat. Hard to tell when you see one sitting next to a ri but think it will fit our needs just fine. Was worried about size as our last boat was longer but there is plenty of room and tons of storage 

h20king    794

Don't worry about your boat OCD. A good dealer can handle it and deals with it more often than you think.  My boat OCD is off the charts. My poor dealer has to deal with it every two years. LOL 

• Like 1

Tleeah    33
1 hour ago, h20king said:

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=808414. Just brought ours home yesterday. Can't comment on set up or wake yet but the build quality is outstanding.  It's a big boat. Hard to tell when you see one sitting next to a ri but think it will fit our needs just fine. Was worried about size as our last boat was longer but there is plenty of room and tons of storage 

H2O King,

Love the colors, beautiful boat.   Centurion does a great silver metal flake.   Yes we love the amount of storage that is available on the FI and it is a big boat, especially on the inside.  Coming from the FX22, we will have to get used to the higher sides.  Our sides on the FX were much shorter.

On another note, my nephew (John Leeah) is a student at Fort Lewis College in Durango, CO.  He is a musician and plays in bands around Durango for college $$$.  

Tleeah    33

Underwater LED’s installed and battery charger.  Bank work done!!  Purple power should be delivered next week.  Cannot wait!!!

8EB90E61-B15E-45F2-80D3-B257FD9DC742.jpeg

D8FAFEF1-9FEB-4D39-B44C-6EE600DC4959.jpeg

Tleeah    33

More pics 

5AD7A2B9-723C-489E-9807-47E42B625CDC.jpeg

001F7098-9F4A-4623-8A59-9AA30E67D82A.jpeg

67A2F27B-29AE-4C3C-BAF5-CE8FCDE54CEE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Chexi    35

Travis, will you be on lake austin, travis, or anither lake (home lake)?

h20king    794
On 2/18/2018 at 2:16 PM, Tleeah said:

More pics 

5AD7A2B9-723C-489E-9807-47E42B625CDC.jpeg

001F7098-9F4A-4623-8A59-9AA30E67D82A.jpeg

67A2F27B-29AE-4C3C-BAF5-CE8FCDE54CEE.jpeg

Revs look so much better than downfire on the tower IMO what did you do for a sub and the rest of the system?

Tleeah    33

It has a 12 inch wetsounds sub with a box.    For power of has a wetsounds amp and that Roswell amp.  I’m going to hold off on making changes to the system until I get the boat to the marina, tune it, and hear it.  I’m picky about the stereo so I foresee I will end up with a zone controller/EQ, replace cockpit speakers, and probably the Roswell amp.   I’m partial to JL audio amps.  I did get these for my Rev 10’s before boat is delivered.  These are essential to preserve the speakers.

7E73F33C-762C-412A-A319-ACD2B07B751B.jpeg

62594DD5-4B89-478A-89B0-CC337599245A.jpeg

h20king    794

Pics of the sub? I also have speaker covers but go with speaker sox

Tleeah    33

I did not take a picture of the sub.  I will get a pic tomrrow when they bring boat to Lake Belton.  In the first picture above, you can see the corner of the Wetsounds gaurd right above the corner of the seat.  It looks good.  

Edited by Tleeah

Tleeah    33
15 hours ago, Chexi said:

I am on Lake Belton, Frank's Marina, in Belton TX.  It is an hour north from Austin.  Great lake for surfing, all cliff lined and clean water.  Also the avg depth is 73 feet.  I love Lake Austin and Travis, but they are so crowded in the summer.  We have a houseboat at Belton so makes a great combination with surf boat.  

Have you been to Lake Belton?  

summer crew 2017.jpg

Tleeah    33
16 hours ago, Chexi said:

Hey Chexi, we have a pretty good hydrofoil group here at Lake Belton.  I meant to tell you.  They are amazing to watch.  

luluzer    50

Looks like a tough life @Tleeah! We have a similar setup at Lake Navajo in nortwestern New Mexico.  Houseboatin is the way to go if you aren't lucky enough to live on a lake. 

Congrats again on the new wave.

20170504_143056.jpg