Sign in to follow this  
Jakelegg

Bimini Top-Gladiator

Jakelegg    6

Does anyone know where to get a replacement bimini top for a Gladiator tower?  Fineline's is about 2K.

Thanks

Nick213    583

Call Justin at sewlong. They make great products and can even put board sleeves in the Bimini but probably not any cheaper then fineline.

InfinitySurf    302

If you already have all the poles/hardware and just need the bimini top...especially if you still have the old one for a template, a local upholstery shop should be able to make one for you for half that price using Sunbrella materials or something else of good quality. I took mine to local place last summer to get the whole thing double stitched to make it tougher and also to get a couple seams fixed. They said they make them from scratch and also add the surf pockets for a lot of people.

Mrwick    65

^ x2^^^^^^     I’m with infinity!  I just had my top re-made by a local shop and it cost me $400........they used a material called sharkskin.  My shop said it is way more durable than Sunbrella.  It’s a little more expensive as well.  They used my existing top for a pattern.  The sad thing was there wasn’t anything wrong with the old top except my wife didn’t like the color.......

Nick213    583

Sunbrella material is superior over sharksin. I had gotten a sharkskin cover for my avy and it was nothing close in quality to my sunbrella material cover's I've had.

Cdifranco    463

Sunbrellas arguably the best on the market.

Mrwick    65

Sorry guys, I lied to you, I didn’t recover with Sharkskin, it was Top Gun!

I have owned several new boats that have had Sunbrella covers and Biminis.  Every one of them have developed holes or have unraveled at the seams.  The seams aren’t necessary the materials fault.  The holes that rub through on the frame of the Bimini tops I find unacceptable for as little use as my boats get.  My boats sit in a climate controlled garage 99% of their life!  I have read reviews on Top Gun and people swear by the product.   I’m not running Sunbrella down, I am just searching for something that might work better......I will give feedback when the snow melts.........

DrNate    426

I would be interested to know your experience with the Top Gun product.  I have never heard of it.  Getting my bimini re-done is definitely in my future unfortunately