Sign in to follow this  
shumie7

Keep My Infinite Baffle Sub or Not

shumie7    11

So this winter I am redoing my stereo and pretty much my entire boat but I’m not sure right now about what to do with my IB sub. My boat is an 08 avy C4. My current list of parts below:

- JL M700/5, JL M10IB5, JL MX 6.5’s 2 pair, JL MX 7.7’s 1 pair

- Rev 10’s 2 pair with SD2 amp

- JL MM100s-BE

I am probably going to get a 12w6v3 and a SHD 750/1 amp. I thought I’d run the w6 in a ported enclosure in the observers compartment and the M10IB5 down by the kick panel in the factory kind-of-sub-box type enclosure. My question is, will it sound weird or be hard to tune right running the much more powerful w6 along with the M10IB? Should I keep the IB or just remove it completely from the system? I eventually do plan to cut the foot panel box thing completely out and put a custom box there with probably the w6, but that will be later on.

Thanks for any advice!

Ryan

Edited by shumie7

Wylie_Tunes    146
21 minutes ago, shumie7 said:

and the M10IB5 down by the kick panel in the factory kind-of-sub-box type enclosure

Id drop any 10" for a W6 & MHD750/1 combo! However, id build a proper custom enclosure to go under the helm and not place the W6 in the port locker. 

shumie7    11

Okay, so you think pull the M10IB completely out and just running the single w6 under the helm would sound the best for my options? Would you vote for the enclosure to be ported under the helm? I may just go ahead and go this route and do it right the first time. I’ve been worrying about trying to get everything done this winter so I guess I have been trying to talk myself out of cutting the factory kick panel box out haha.

Wylie_Tunes    146

If you do the 12W6 correctly, you will never miss the 10IB. Not worth the battery power to drive. 

Yes, ported enclosure and under the helm rather then under in the port locker. 

Now, understand that time may not be on your side, so know that I am speaking to the end game, not a the short term. If short term means you have to stash the 12W6 in a store-bought box in the port locker, no worries. Take the time to fit a proper ported enclosure under the helm, drop the 10IB and it will be worth it.