RhuntIII

WS420 or WS220

RhuntIII    557

Let's talk about the differences between these two and why one would choose one over the other.  BT has bloothtooth and the SQ does not. Both have the talkback mic which I really miss.

My 2014 SV233 has 6 inboats, 1 sub and 2 tower speakers. The factory Clarion is bloothtooth compatible and works well. 

WS220 is not an equalizer but a 4 zone control

WS420 is an equalizer but only has a 3 zone control

My goal here is to get my Talkback mic back and once again be able to turn my tower speakers off while tied up chillaxin.

This is my first boat with a set of bow speakers, if I were to choose a 420 would it be wise to have all 6 speakers on one zone?

Members with bow speakers, have y'all ever had the need to have those louder than in the salon?

Wet Sounds also has nice mounting options for the 420s, do they have the same options for the 220?

@h20king, you just put together a pretty impressive stereo package for your FI, why did you choose the 420 over the 220?

Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 6.08.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 6.10.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 6.13.30 AM.png

h20king    795

I went with the 420 because of the eq and my deck also has blue tooth any music source I use I set to flat along with the deck and tune with the eq .I have found 3 zones to be plenty. As for bow speakers I set mine up with more power than the cabin speakers . Underway you are hard pressed  to hear them and floating they have some distance to reach the cabin where everyone is. Others will set there's up different but that's how I run mine 

Edited by h20king
  • Like 1

stoked    1,042

X2 on the 420sq, we use the bluetooth on the factory stereo. I only use two zones, tower and cabin, we rarely have people up front and if there are, they're kids. But setting them as a 3rd zone is not a bad idea at all. 

• Like 1

Nick213    586

I'd say you'd probably be in the market for a 420. The reason I use the 220 is because I use a processor (dsp) once the dsp is tuned there's no reason to adjust it. Clean and clear music all the time.

• Like 2

Wylie_Tunes    139

In my experience, more people want the bow to have a lower volume then the main cabin, rather then more volume. This can be achieved by setting it up as an independent zone or by gaining down the bow speakers. Obviously, having the bow as its own zone through the WS-220 is far more user friendly then gaining the bow down. However, you can set the bow up with zone control even if you go with a 3 zone like the WS-420. Just need a simple line level control like the WW-L. Place in the bow combing pocket and the bow occupants can control the volume themselves. 

Yes, there are mounts for both the WS-420BT and WS-220BT. The under-dash version excludes the hole for the BT that is there on the SQ under-dash version. AN in-dash is not needed with the 220BT or 420BT. They both have a larger face, making in-dash mounting much easier and cleaner then the 420SQ without a flush mount in-dash. 

• Like 1

Nick213    586

Not sure if your interested or not in a dsp but if you can fine someone good to tune it there money well spent IMO. It's really nice that once it's tuned there's no reason to ever adjust anything.

this is what I had in my last two boats.

http://www.arcaudio.com/store?c=45359/DSPsDigitalProcessors

im going with a misconi in the 244 build this time.

http://mosconi-america.com/portfolio/dsp-8to12-aerospace/

The reason for going with a misconi dsp this build is because it's what my installer prefers and it has 4zones where the ps8 only has 3zones. 

WS220

zone1- tower

zone2- cabin

zone3- bow

zone4- sub

Edited by Nick213
  • Like 1

truekaotik    461

We talked about this, YOU need to decide what YOU want.... hehe

• Like 1

RhuntIII    557
8 hours ago, truekaotik said: