Sign in to follow this  
dreikorncr

sv233 Tower Speaker Wiring

dreikorncr    7

Hey guys, I am currently in the process of throwing some Rev 8's on our sv233. The tower is prewired and there are four wires per each hole, two black (one with white text, one without), and then two colored wires. I imagine one set is for the speakers and the other is for tower lights. Does anyone know which is which? Also, I image the longer wires labeled PORT 95, PORT 97, STBD 95 and STBD 97 are the ends that I hook up to the amplifier, but is there a way to know which set is for the inner speakers and which one are for the outside? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Wylie_Tunes    146

if you have found the amp end, use a DVOM and check for continuity. Best way to determine without a doubt. 

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555
11 hours ago, Wylie_Tunes said:

if you have found the amp end, use a DVOM and check for continuity. Best way to determine without a doubt. 

What the heck is a DVOM!? 

Digital, Volt, Ohm, Meter? 

Just ask for a continuity tester and keep it simple. 

Wylie_Tunes    146

Well, if the OP, oops sorry, original poster, is going to buy a tester, ask for an actual voltage ohm meter that has a digital display. $25 gets you a decent meter that will do far more then just test continuity. 

• Like 2